Your reasons for unfriending someone in FB

Discussion in 'General OT' started by Netskipper, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Yesterday, I unfriended a bunch of people at FB (at least 30) —

1. Underaged relatives (their parents opened accounts for them)
    2. People from work, school, alumni, tennis and golf buddies, PhilMUG (yes, our PhilMUG), who I haven't heard from or never met in person
    3. Constant ranters

I also cleaned up my apps (I don't need an HP patronus) and groups (Pro-RH, I Love My Subaru), fan clubs (Lady Antebellum, Maria Sharapova).

Lastly, I reviewed my security settings: Tight as a submarine hatch.

OT: People shouldn't take being unfriended seriously. My own son (14 yo) unfriends me on a routine basis (guess why) but he puts me back again after a spell. I'm simply amused when I'm notified, "Max has sent you a friend request." This happens probably four times a year, haha!

2. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

people on facebook unfriend.

philmug moderators dismember. :p

3. nethrow

nethrow Active Member

I unfriended someone because he posts spoilers (of tv shows) just to look cool. So freakin' annoying.

4. j.ramirez

j.ramirez Member

^ LOL! Still there are people who do that especially when they see the first screening of movies.:))

5. batengteng

batengteng Member

dont really know them...

6. feaRLesS

feaRLesS Member

People from elementary/high school I barely spoke to, because I'm so conscious with my number of fb friends. Whenever I reach 400, I go 'OMG TOO MANY FRIENDS UNFRIEND UNFRIEND UNFRIEND'

ETA:
    Also, multiple accounts. I can't stand having the same person twice in my friends list.

7. markarce

markarce Member

Hi, I try not to accept people I don't know or haven't met in the first place.

8. KR Decade

KR Decade Member

it's very tempting to do so, but i just couldn't bring myself to do it... i don't want to have to explain to them when they notice why i unfriended them in the first place so i refrain from doing so... but still it is extremely annoying when:

1. one friend posts a status, and then "likes" it and immediately comment on it afterwards (no offense to those who do this but i find people who do this either narcissistic, has no social life whatsoever or just plain trolling everybody)

2. people who bring their fights online, this mostly applies to people in relationships or spouses. it's like they enjoy doing it especially when people start commenting on their "fight post"

3. people who constantly whine on facebook, especially those who whine in ALL CAPS!!! well boo hoo, the whole world definitely does not revolve around you, and neither will it ever do so if you keep whining, so stop...

yes, all these described above are actually in my friends list, so i decided to just hide all posts coming from them, haha...

9. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

1. Generally, the people that i do not know, (since i add them in mafia wars 3 years ago)
    2. Makes their FB like a twitter account, its flooded with some useless words (yes, my sis is one of them, but she's a family, so ...)
    3. People who are selling goods, tags me in the Pic,
    4. Who POST PAD and fights in facebook.
    5. People who makes an Issue on facebook and tagging them up in conversation. (tagged me once by that prick, and me and GF fought about it)
    6. An Ex who cant move on.

10. John H

John H Member

I also have a friend who was a religious zealot. He calls himself a "recovering Catholic" and now a Born Again Christian. He seem to be very attached to confessing the "sins" of Catholics in his FB posts and go ballistic when people answer him back and exposing the flaws of his arguments. I'm not Christian but I find it strange that someone who worship the same God (Christ) would be so divisive and dichotomous in their views. I guess I'm not very familiar the the squabbles of the various Christian secs in the Philippines but isn't one of the purpose of Christ's life is to unite people for their love of God?

He is still my friend but I'm about to kick him off my Facebook list. Haha.

11. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Okay, this one might sound harsh, but when someone not really close to me has photos taken and edited like the one i will post below, i immediately will reevaluate our relationship, although said person's disappearance from my friends' list has already been decided. Exempted are, of course, my siblings, should they post any, but I am pretty sure, they will not.

*my apologies if the person in this photo is in any way related to you. just happens to be the first one i could find.
    [​IMG]

12. raygun

raygun Member

i didnt have to unfriend a friend for his annoying farmville scores etc. in the newsfeed— thanks to hide function of facebook.. and then after some time it occured to me opening his profile again and realise he has died. there's lot of condolence messages from his profile ... bugger! i feel sorry and so guilty for missing his funeral.

13. wakomasei

wakomasei Member

I unfriend a FB contact:

1. Whose account was hacked.
    2. Whose duplicate account is inactive. I retain the active one.
    3. Who tags me in pictures/videos of products/services/businesses
    4. Who is an acquaintance I no longer have interactions with in months or a year.

14. Pintadofury

Pintadofury Member

I unfriend people who tag too much advertisements on my wall. That is just plain annoying

15. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

hi amigos, i'd just like to ask if it has ever occurred to you having added someone over fb, gotten a notification that said request has been accepted yet when you check your new friend's profile, the "Add Friend" option is present again. what gives?

16. KiDKUMAG

KiDKUMAG Member

I think that someone deleted you again as friend after accepting your friend request.
    :eek:

17. pochiman

you know, i never thought of that before coz it just didn't make sense. any theory why they would do that?

18. MFB

MFB Member

Have you guys tried the app that shows you who unfriended you in fb?

19. pochiman

por favor! do share it with us amigo. gracias!

20. kelle

kelle Member

is your profile private? maybe they accepted the invite just to be able to view your entire profile/photos and if they happen to disappear after, that means he/she doesn't really intend/want to accept your invite and be your friend :D