Would you think apple will have mini notebooks available soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by joymd_ust, May 30, 2009.

1. joymd_ust

joymd_ust Member

I was went to pc store today and I saw new mini HP notebooks on display. I was in awe again but just slightly. I was about to swipe my credit card again since it just costs a nokia N series phone but then again self control (due to the fact that it's not mac), I hesitated.

I was thinking, would Apple release mini notebooks soon???

What do you think? Is anybody here who is working for Apple so we can address them the "concern" on "us" wanting new babies that are affordable????

2. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

3. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can help you. I don't think even employees with "level-5-security-clearance" knows about surefire upcoming products.

4. joymd_ust

joymd_ust Member

thank you...

I know that apple works in top-level security. :D just wondering...

5. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

From the rumors, it's more likely that Apple is making a larger ipod touch, just maybe.
    Anyways, announcements might be made in June. If there are no announcements next month, the next likely time is Sept/Oct.

6. joymd_ust

joymd_ust Member

I hope apple does release something new and appealing just like what they did with the MacBook Air. :)

7. RC

RC Active Member

Well one can only hope and also e-mail apple requesting a said device.... Who knows, if there's enough of a "niche" market maybe in the "future"

Oh, and i always though it was "Level 10 Secure" clearance??? wasn't it??? =j

#7 RC, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  8. Tecson

Tecson Member

hmm... do u really needed this net/notebook or are we just getting it for the sake of having one?? how many people really need more than one laptop anyway?

no offense but just asking the reason for buying?im curious

9. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

a lot of us don't need the power of macbooks and macbook pros since a lot of us use our laptops mainly for word processing, presentations and websurfing.

10. johndborra

johndborra Member

Good question. MacBooks are easy enough to lug around, so portability shouldn't be much of an issue. I use two platforms, Mac and Windows, simply because my Windows laptop is where I play my games. :)

11. silverfox

silverfox Member

Hmmm, good question. Admittedly, when I still owned a blackbook, I was hoping that Apple would release a netbook that was portable and small. But when I bought my MB Air, I realized that this was Apple's "netbook" - portable and small(ish). Ok, maybe not small, but thin.

12. Tecson

Tecson Member

Well yes, the Air is really cool, no question about it, and im sure its enough power for doing everyday computing, but what it lacks thats where your desktop comes in right?, and with Macs its like having 2 os/computers in one. that the reason why i made the comeback,i dont know, but i really dont get it why some needs to have more than one portables, In my opinion a laptop and a desktop is more than enough, for me its a distraction, you can even misplaced your latest files or something somewhere.
    i cant even think of a proffesion that needs more than 2 laptops,except those that just upgraded or switchers of course, are we that extravagant now that we are following the pattern of american consumerism, impulse buying and showing off. :p

anyway, some people might be mad but i think this is the root of those stolen lappys, its a status symbol to have the latest and the best, we tend to forget the need from the want. its not the "afford" issue im talking about here, hell i think everyone can afford to have 4 laptops no problemo, but the urge to have more than what is neccessary?, i find it such a waste. really, if an email is so important that one has to have a specific laptop for it and to read it in such an urgent timing of the day, then i guess the one using it is not really that important. and believe me sipping coffee and reading email is hardly a matter of life or death work.