The PLDT FIBR Thread

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by King, May 26, 2009.

1. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

For those whose villages are listed as Fibr ready, but was informed that your area isn't, it has to do something with the Fibr nodes being full. You have to wait until they install a new node.

VicB likes this.
  2. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Got the official call yesterday informing us that PLDT cannot process our application as our area is not yet Fibr-ready. The tech person advised me to call or inquire again after a month.

Darn, I haven't been heartbroken like this since High School. lol

3. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Oh no(de)!! :( Might be the case for me & my village. Still no feedback from their CS.

4. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

PLDT Fibr and Home DSL plans that are unpublished and not actively marketed. You must request for it as it will not be offered.

[​IMG]

If Netflex wasnt offered here I would go with Fibr Plan 1995 at 20Mbps/month.

makintosh likes this.
  5. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

What happens to the speed after the 80gb monthly cap is already consumed?

6. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

if i knew about this before i upgraded, i would have just stuck it with 10mbps for a while. but it's okay.

7. PinkHunny

PinkHunny Member

I really don't get the pricing of the Fibr plans. I mean, what's the difference between plans 2899, 3000 and 3500? They all offer the same speed but different fees?

8. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

im using Fibr 3500... but i dont think im reaching 50mbps... normally its 30mbps but its still good and im happy with it... no down time also

9. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

My 2899 plan does get me 100 Mbps for the next 6 months, then it goes back to 50, which still can't be too bad.

10. VicB

Yeah, I can't figure it out either. Maybe the 3000 & 3500 are old promo plans with 2899 being the latest. I'm currently on the 3500 plan wanting to move to the 2899 plan. That's a monthly saving of Php 600 which I could use to subscribe to Netflix. ;)

11. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

2899 - Internet-only, no Cignal TV programing
    3000 - Internet-only?
    3500 - Internet with Cignal TV programing

12. PinkHunny

PinkHunny Member

Plan 2899 also comes with a free Cignal TV, I asked CS.

13. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

not true. i don't have free Cignal TV. :)

14. PinkHunny

PinkHunny Member

Really? Called CS and told me otherwise. Oh well. I'm on plan 3500 with free Cignal TV but the set top box is additional 199 pesos.

15. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

yup. PLDT CSRs are pretty confused sad to say... from their site, Cignal TV is only inclusive at plan 3.5k. but hey, if it ever became free i'd sign up for that anyway. :-D

at the moment i'm happy with digital TV for local channels, iFlix for the odd series to casually watch, Fox International for Nat Geo, and ETC, 2nd Ave and a few more via blink-now.com. it's a mix of channels but i managed to get an Intel Compute Stick (their TVolution stick) from PLDT and i'm using that for my "TV" viewing needs for now.

16. VicB

Their 2899 plan has iFlix, Fox international & Fibr voice line. I'm currently on their 3500 plan. As I don't use Cignal TV at all, moving to 2899 would be fine for me. I hardly get 50 Mbps on my current plan, as well. At best, it's 8 & 4 Mbps for d/l & u/l speeds, respectively.

17. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

What's with the 5000/100mbps and 5800/100mbps? I'm currently on 5800/100mbps. I don't get it.

18. VicB

It's probably like the 2899/50 & 3500/50 plans. The latter has the Cignal TV plan while the former doesn't.

19. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

There seems to be something wrong with the connection this morning. Can only access a few sites. Was able to test speed and it seemed fine. Also changed DNS servers several times, and restarted modem and router. I checked PLDT's Twitter and a lot of people are experiencing the same. I wonder what's going on. No announcement from PLDT so far.

20. VicB

Just wanted to share my experience in trying to move to a cheaper Fibr plan.

It seems that PLDT doesn't allow for a seamless transition to cheaper Fibr plans. Am currently on their 3500/50mbps plan. I wanted to move to their 2899/50mbps plan & save on the monthly bill. I don't use the Cignal TV of the 3500 plan, so no big loss.

Their CS said they can't do the change. I can't apply for the 2899 plan while my 3500 plan is active. They also can't just change over to the 2899 plan at the end of the monthly cycle of my 3500 plan. It seems that I'll first have to discontinue my 3500 plan & then apply for a 2899 plan!

This means a loss of internet service between the end of the 3500 plan & start of the 2899 plan. The CS rep could not say how long would be the loss of service. :(

It seems that PLDT doesn't want to lose the monthly difference of Php 600. That seems very short sighted as it now compels me to look at Globe's plans. If I find a comparable/better plan for Php2899/month, PLDT loses the whole Php 3500/mo instead of just Php 600/mo!

rimewire likes this.