The PLDT FIBR Thread

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by King, May 26, 2009.

1. manager

manager Active Member

+1 on this.

I get 2 to 3 offers daily! :mad:

2. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just so you know, I have DM'd PLDT Cares on Twitter. Let's see where this goes.

3. oj88

About opting-out of PLDT promotions and ads, here's what you'll need to do...

1. Login to your my.pldthome.com portal
    2. Click "Manage" on the specific accounts you have
    3. Click on "Privacy Settings" and click "Agree" if the Data Privacy statement pops up
    4. Uncheck everything that can be changed on that page, especially the bottom part

You're welcome!

[​IMG]

manager likes this.
  4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

PLDT to build landing stations for $80 million subsea cable system | Philstar

5. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I have been on PLDT Fiber Plan 2899 for years which was 300 to 500 mbps supposedly. Two years ago I noticed that I was only getting sub 100 mbps speeds. After numerous and lengthy back and forths, they finally agreed to change my modem last year. Then it was ok for a couple of months, getting about 300 mbps on good days. This year the speeds went down to 80 mbps. I complain, after three days, they send some third-party contractor, who says oo nga no, bakit ang bagal, and they close the ticket. I call to complain, they say oo nga no ang bagal complain natin sa PLDT, then close the ticket. This process happened more than 10 times already in a span of a month. And I still only got 80 mbps, despite massively overpaying. It's like Groundhog Day with them.

Anyone who calls 171 knows what a soul-draining and frustrating experience it is. The looooonggg robotic recordings you have to endure and listen to, the apathetic and clueless call center human person who you eventually get to talk to after jumping through the hoops. Then they send the most inept technicians to your house, tell you what you already know (mabagal po ang internet niyo lugi kayo), then do nothing about it except to close the ticket.

Long story short, I am just so happy to announce that after more than 20 years with PLDT, I have requested for the immediate disconnection of our line and Fiber.

In our office, we have used Globe Fiber for years, and in the rare instances when the line is down, they usually respond to fix it in less than 24 hours. This is a far cry from PLDT which has a response time of 3 days.

I switched our home fiber to Globe Fiber Unli. Application to installation of modem took less than 6 days. Could have been less if not for some minor issue with my requirements. I now typically get 600 mbps, paying only 2499, with free landline.

The difference between Globe and PLDT are really heaven and hell.

Good riddance to PLDT.

gaol, leninmac and runner10 like this.
  6. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

I found the best way to get PLDT support nowadays is via the facebook messenger app. Open a chat with the "PLDT Cares" automated chat and it provides a simple menu system that lets you do pretty much anything you can do by calling their help line. It also allows you to get a live CS agent on chat if needed. I used this to get my mom's 2 PLDT lines fixed. It took a while, but everything got fixed eventually after a couple of follow-ups.
    You just need to ready your PLDT account number and telephone numbers.

Note: take note of the service ticket numbers they give you. You'll need it when requesting for rebates.

7. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

In our village there’s a Viber thread. They respond quickly when there’s a problem. It’s impressive too. I ggot LIs and one call for help, was fixed within the hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. oj88

I will agree that PLDT has a bad customer service reputation IF and WHEN you need it. But lucky for us, we never had a downtime more than a few hours in a year. Based on the SLA calculator, we're getting roughly between 99.8 to 99.9% uptime, or no more than approx. 18 hours of downtime in a year.

ISP performance is area-dependent, unfortunately. We live near or by an industrial zone so utilities (power, water, phone/internet) are generally more robust and problems are attended to with higher priority.

antski likes this.
  9. oj88

Anyone on Fibr with Cignal combo? Do you still get a public IP address, or is it already on CGNAT?

Also, how is the Cignal STB connected? Wired-LAN ba from the ONU?

I am thinking of bringing back Cignal. I miss the randomness and spontaneity of TV programming. There are "watch together" features in many streaming services, but it's just not the same when watching a broadcast program you can't pause or rewind. Call me nostalgic. lol

10. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

I am on FibrPlus plan and includes the Cignal Basic. How do I check the connection is via CGNAT? I know I have an assigned dynamic IP Address.
    The Cignal box is connected to the ONU via wired LAN (Lan 4 to be exact).

oj88 likes this.
  11. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I have the combo and i’m not on CGNAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oj88 likes this.
  12. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

greta87 likes this.
  13. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

I didn't upgrade that time though. My 2099 biz (200 Mbps) that time was already getting more than 600up/600down.

14. King

Swerte mo. BTW how many months lock-in ang plan mo?

I'm paying for Beyond Fiber Plan 2490 and barely getting 100Mbps.

For the the residential install location I am hoping to convert it to Home Biz Fiber Plan 1999 200Mbps.... maybe that will have an unofficial 600Mbps.

15. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

24 months lock-in pa din.

If your current Beyond Fiber connection is rock solid, it might be better to just retain it.

Reliability is my concern for Home Biz plan (YMMV) since the start of 2023. I haven't logged the one this month but below are my filed tickets since I subscribed:

[​IMG]

My only reason for retaining this plan is for tax purposes. My Globe connection is much better especially at night time (7pm to 10pm), PLDT is just garbage lol.

16. King

Good to know that your Asenso Plan is 24 months. I know the HomeFiber residential plans are 36 months long. An advantage of a short contract is you can change plans without pentality.

So say on month 1 Plan 1299 50Mbps with unofficial 300Mbps and on the 23rd month PLDT comes out with Plan 699 50Mbps then you can downgrade to that.

A few months after I got Beyond Fiber Plan 2490 100Mbps with Cisco Meraki Access Point they came out with Plan 1990 50Mbps without Meraki Access Point.

Globe has cheap business plans

- Plan 1299 50Mbps
    - Plan 3499 800Mbps
    - Plan 7499 1Gbps

pepspeps likes this.
  17. King

18. King

PLDT Enterprise Fiber Plan 1299 100Mbps was launched as early as October 9, 2023.

This outperforms Globe GFiber Biz Plan 1299 50Mbps offered 13 months ago.

[​IMG]