Tagaytay Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ransom, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

The old Tagaytay thread's closed for posting it seems, so I'm starting a new one.

Am taking the wife on a much-needed overnight trip this week and would appreciate some feedback (accommodations, food, location) on the following places we're considering.

1. 8 Suites
    2. The Boutique
    3. T-House

Other suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks in advance!

2. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Stayed in T-House several times. Pretty good place and reasonably priced. Food is good too. If you wish to get a massage, try looking for one elsewhere. Theirs is disappointing and expensive.

3. kinetic88

kinetic88 Member

I've stayed in all the 3 hotels you've mentioned and I liked 8 Suites best as the rooms and bathrooms are much bigger. The rooms in T House and The Boutique can make one feel claustrophobic. Get a room with a balcony. Great for lounging while boozing! =)

On the downside, the breakfast at 8 Suites, which comes with the room, is at best just so-so.

Hope this helps!

4. gang_armani

gang_armani Active Member

Was in Tagaytay during the recent holiday and boy the weather was crazy. Just be ready.

Here is what it was like at 1:30pm November 01,2010.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And the following Day We went down to Balai Isabel= sunny day

[​IMG]

5. ransom

Thanks for the feedback so far. As we'll be leaving on a weekday morning I'm not even bothering to make reservations. The plan is to first grab breakfast at either Bag of Beans or Antonio's and then make the rounds of the more interesting-looking BnBs.

6. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

7. ransom

^^^Read that piece Sir Butch, and am still considering Potter's Ridge as peace and quiet is high on our priority list. But what you wrote about the food is giving me pause.

8. ransom

Just thought I'd report that we ended up at 8 Suites.

Gorgeous place: Well maintained facilities, clean and luxurious room and bathroom, quiet surroundings, polite and efficient staff.

The downside: Food was so-so, though not so bad as to ruin the experience. Thing is, it's so far from the other restos that in the evening you'll probably be too lazy to go out for dinner. Wi-fi signal in the room was weak, had to go to living room to get online properly. Limited TV channels and a choice of DVDs one can borrow. And it's quite pricey. But heck, the view from our bedroom's balcony more than made up for everything.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thankfully, the weather was cooperative; I heard it was raining cats and dogs in Manila while we were there.

9. quakercountry

quakercountry Active Member

wow..i love the fog there.
    was able to drive once around 9pm going to highlands...
    zero visibility! quite exciting. hehehehe

10. bluespirit88

bluespirit88 Member

11. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

Because I live in the south, we always go to tagaytay just only to buy karne goods, gulay, fresh pickles, and lastly, eat at Leslie's.

12. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    I called 8 Suites earlier today and inquired on their room rates.

The lowest priced accommodation is P6,344 (net) for overnight in a Deluxe Room, with breakfast. That's for two persons. And an additional P850 per additional person.

What I found weird was that the room comes with two Queen-size beds, which should suit a family of four.

Anyway, I'll just look for an alternative.

13. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

anyone know a house we could rent for overnight? we plan to stay there this coming sun-mon. we're around 8-10 persons. thanks!

14. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

guys, if you go to Tagaytay, check out a somewhat hidden coffee shop called "Bag of Beans"...

it's a nice place for a cup of coffee with a native and relaxing ambiance :)

15. Mykolant

anybody have any feedback on Hotel Kimberly?

They've got reasonably priced rooms.

16. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

yup they have reasonably priced rooms. my friend had a garden wedding there last dec. big garden w/ a playground for the kids, but i don't think you have a view of taal though since the hotel is at the back.

17. Mykolant

Yeah, the lack of a view is the downside. But i booked it just the same coz all other hotels along the ridge are double the price!! Mahal pala ng view!

We'll just take a look at Taal Lake during lunch and dinner. What's important is a nice room and good amenities.

18. ransom

Kimberly is more than decent for a weekend break with the family. You can always have dinner at Leslie's if you're after the view. The reason I booked 8 Suites was 'coz the wife and I were long overdue for a quiet, romantic getaway. We loved the place, but, yes, it was pretty pricey.

19. rs282

rs282 Member

i always stay at one tagaytay, nice decent hotel with good rates

I usually get their membership card which cost around 5-6t. then it comes with 2 free overnight stays with breakfast buffet

20. sam789

sam789 Member

Planning on an overnight stay at Tagaytay. Any affordable place to stay good for two with a bonus view? :D THANKS