Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

what the heck Kango?! all these horror stories! I’d gladly take my business elsewhere.

2. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

I've been receiving notices that some of my shipments are delayed or have been cancelled due cargo flight priorities being given to vaccine transportation. I don't have a problem with that but has anyone else here encountered this?

3. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

That sucks! Did you use their new warehouse address? the shea way address?

4. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

What item was lost?

5. JKK

JKK Active Member

Yes new warehouse address was used.

Luckily it was an office supply that was worth less than $20. Even so, with a fedex delivery proof of delivery they just brushed aside my complaint.

6. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi all, this may be a bit OT, but kind of related as well.

I have a 23andme DNA ancestry thing given as a gift by a friend to which I learned has an expiry date and it expires this coming June. I need to mail it at the US post office but I just have no one going to the states anytime soon.

Is there a shipping courier who can accommodate biological samples from PH to US? This is going to be tricky since we're in the middle of a pandemic and all, but maybe someone here in philmug has done this or has a lead for clarification.

TIA!

7. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

I was contemplating of availing Kango's service some time ago and then I read the lost iPad and now this. If they dismiss your complaint just like that they should not be in this business at all.

raze19, ronjet and JKK like this.
  8. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Is myshipping-box still a good service to use these days? Planning to order medical supplies from the U.S. soon.

9. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Anybody tried using myUS.com? How was your experience? Seems legit and has some promos with some local banks... Many thanks

10. jlconferido

Kango's Facebook ad says that Macbooks are one of their most shipped items. I am tempted to comment what happens when you lose it and your warehouse signed for it?

What's your take on shippingcart lately? Did they improve?

ericb and ronjet like this.
  11. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

hey guys I am planning to try my-shoppingbox.com/ph because of the BDO promo, wondering if anyone has used their service recently? I am planning to buy a Logitech keyboard MX Keys and ordering from Amazon + Shipping Service is still much cheaper vs the prices here.

12. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

I've used them before. No issues with them. No delays also when it comes to shipment date. They use popular freight forwarders like DHL, UPS, FedEx. Regular shipping and expedited shipping are priced similar so it's a no brainer to use expedited shipping. But their given rates are expensive even for the smallest/lightest item. And they charge a premium to use their services. I forgot to cancel my subscription with them when BPI had a promo with MyUS. Good thing the credit card they have on record was expired so they weren't able to charge me.

shootertwist likes this.
  13. jlconferido

I have ordered in Amazon and have it shipped here. So far, I am happy with it because the shipping speed is faster. Most of the time you get your order ahead of their ETA.

rabby likes this.
  14. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

good luck! same thing happened to me... i waited AND waited AND waited. to no avail... in the end they told me they did not received it. WTF

15. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

what is the receiver named that signed it?

in my case they blamed fedex for it and told me it was fedex people who "stole" the item... but again they should have proof using CCTV footage or somethign but nop they cannot present anything....

ipad pro and apple pencil bye bye

hopeing my CC answers this

16. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

I’m trying to buy a 2-in-1 chromebook in amazon worth $230 and its not available here in manila, but sadly shippingcart us address is not being accepted by amazon for this particular item, any other options? Its possible to ship direct to ph from amazon but that $89 customs tax is too much for me... baka meron kayong ibang alternatives.. myshoppingbox sana kaso i saw they dont ship laptops... thanks in advance

17. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

buyandship

18. jlconferido

Upon seeing this, I went to Amazon and there's like a Prime banner above. Lo and behold, I was charged $119 last year without me knowing it. I think I forgot to cancel it when I availed the free shipping for Prime members. Called them up and they reversed it. This is off-topic but you might want to check if you are on Prime and not knowing it.

19. HardCharger

HardCharger Active Member

Hi All!

I just tried JAC and the estimated price they gave me was P4,200.00-ish for about $87.43 worth in stuff, one order. They say it's depending on the packaging of the seller. Is this normal?

This being the case, is buyandship the more cost effective yet efficient and reliable provider these days? My eyes are still watering from the JAC quote.

Any other services that are reliable but cost effective?

Thanks.

20. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Would like to know as well how people like buyandship.ph's service. Their facebook page has a lot of positive reviews, so that's a good sign. Unmonitored reviews from here would be nicer though!