Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

In my case, they under-weighed my Kindle. I did point it out to them but they didn't make any adjustment. Probably because I was having another issue with them at that time, which took a bit of time to resolve. Their way of making up to me, I guess.

2. pael

pael Well-Known Member

got this response from JAC

if volumetric will be followed, not actual weight:

XS - Php1020.36, 2 lbs
    Small - Php2900.00, 7 lbs
    Med - Php10790, 28 lbs
    Large - Php20,936.83, 55 lbs

price may change because of exchange rate.

VicB likes this.
  3. pael

pael Well-Known Member

I was able to tag my PH HSBC Visa with a Paypal US account, and that works most of the time

4. pfb82

pfb82 Member

I also have a us paypal linked to my PH credit card. Can u try to log on to your us paypal account and take a look at their new security verification.

last weekend I logged on my us paypal account and they have a new security verification that requires them to call/sms the enrolled phone number and then you have to reply back or dial something. I did not successfully complete this bec i enrolled LBC's tel# in my us paypal acct. Now I'm not sure anymore if my future transactions using my us paypal will go through.

Going on-topic, I am now waiting for lbc to upload my shipment to my account. Its a laptop, I hope they don't give me any surcharges.

5. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Just an update regarding my e-mail request to Shipping Cart. I just received their reply telling me that they've updated the weight of my items based on UPS data :) I checked my storage page and they now reflect the correct weight :D Not bad ^_^

mmarc and pael like this.
  6. nikolodeon

nikolodeon Member

how much did you save? :)

7. Chip

Ah, darn, didn't check the shipping costs since I wasn't planning on shipping the items just yet. Sorry. :(

With regard to Ebay, I've done several purchases from e-bay, majority (if not all) were paid through paypal PH, and with a PH credit card. Didn't have any problems with the merchants though.

8. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

image.jpeg A Go Pro case and a subwoofer cable at 7 pounds?

You can do a better job than that, LBC:rolleyes:

9. pfb82

pfb82 Member

From LBC shipping car website:

To determine the actual and volumetric weight of your package, a dimensioning machine is used to weigh your goods. This is done while they are inside the packaging of the U.S. courier. We do not remove anything from the package while it is being weighed, including protective packaging

So they are like JAC wherein weight is based on the sellers packaging, not the original packaging.

Was this something that they've recently implemented? Previously they just base the vol.weight on the original packaging.

10. pael

pael Well-Known Member

it does not make sense to based in on the US courier's packaging since they re-pack it in their box anyways.

11. pfb82

pfb82 Member

^ IKR. the don't have this policy before. Maybe this is why a lot are complaining about higher shipping fees whether sea or air.

12. jepoyrn023

jepoyrn023 Member

Ano po experience nyo sa DHL? Meron kasi ako item na bibilhin sa ebay and the seller is from Middle East, he uses DHL pero pwede nya i-declare yung item ng less than $15, ang question ko is may babayaran pa ba ako sa DHL once they deliver my item to our doorsteps?

13. knoxalbert

knoxalbert Member

anyone tried ordering from nike.com and ship it via shippingcart? how much was the shipping cost?
    thanks!

14. mmarc

mmarc Member

After calling their hotline twice and requesting that they check the way they computed the shipping estimate of my items, the freight went down from 8k to 2k. This is after I ask them to measure again the dimensions of the 2 smaller items instead of their packaging.

I hope they do it right the next time.

15. mmarc

mmarc Member

Exactly. No point in offering consolidation if the freight is based on the individual packaging of the item instead of just the dimensions/weight of each item.

Good thing they adjusted the dimensions of my items. Otherwise, I would never use their service again.

16. pael

pael Well-Known Member

not sure if Nike blocked shipping cart. because they blocked JAC and I assume other forwarders as well. and you need a US credit card too as far as I know. better buy from footlocker, eastbay, etc.

17. stevejab

stevejab Member

Got an email that myecasa closed down

18. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Question guys, are Cetaphil products prohibited to be shipped by LBC? Looking to order below item. They are quite cheap compared here.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

[​IMG]

19. pael

pael Well-Known Member

I shipped liquid detergents, no issues. Via sea.

20. Chip

Okay so I requested again for an item to be re-weighed, based on the weight of another same item that they had already previously listed. Due to the adjusted weight, I saved P2,830.28 if I'll ship via air, and P529.20 if via sea.