Problem With iTunes Artwork

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by angel_benet, Mar 30, 2005.

1. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

@ Jackstone Do the suggestions of the post above but instead of pasting an artwork press cut or delete.

@angel_benet Try selecting and deleting the artwork box even if it is empty before pasting the artwork.

[Edited on 6-16-2005 by peter_ob]

2. jackstone

jackstone Member

peter_ob: found it,thanks!hehe

3. farankoshan

farankoshan Member

there is a new problem I've just noticed...I started noticing it after an upgrade ago...

Before, simply selecting (1-click) a track shows the artwork of the track in that Artwork box at the bottom left of the screen... this would help, coz I could just scroll down to survey each piece of album artwork without playing a single track. Plus, I could group select and simply paste or drag a "collective" album artwork to the box for all the selected tracks - saves time.

NOW, that "simply selecting" feature doesn't work. Now I need to play each track if I wanna paste artwork in the box. This is annoying since I became used to "group pasting" the artwork. Was there an update that they just made? 'coz I want that old feature back!

What happened?

4. farankoshan

farankoshan Member

just to clarify... I am aware that if you select all and "Get Info" you can also group paste (I had to learn that the hard way after the change), but I just wanted to ask why it doesn't work as well with the bottom-left box.

5. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

Up...

Hi guys,
    im updating my album art right now. Problem is, there's some old album art tagged to a couple of songs which i cant delete. I cant find the folder to which the song belong to so i can manually delete the old album art. Bacause when i put in the new album art, the old one is still shown on the coverflow but the new one appears on the 'now playing' window.
    Can anyone please help me?
    thanks!

6. tickers

tickers Guest

Hi,

I'm also encountering problems with the artwork. I have a 80 GB Classic.
    I can't put artwork to some song or albums because the "Artwork Tab" when you click "Get Info" is missing. For some songs/albums, "lyrics" is the last tab. This is the case on both the iPod and iTunes. I know this wasn't the case with the older versions of iTunes and my 1st Gen Nano. I would want the older version of the software but 7.4 is the minimum for the Classic.

I've tried the tips here but nothing seems to work because of this. I've also re-installed iTunes and even restored my iPod. I went to the Power Mac Center and they didn't have answers.

Why is this happening? Is there something wrong with the latest version of iTunes? or should i have my Classic replaced? Help please, thanks!:(

7. Miguel_D

Miguel_D Member

well a good solution to your problen is sign up for an itunes accont the there will be an option to get all album art work.

but the again youll need an US issued credit card

8. tickers

tickers Guest

There must be some other way since the Artwork is a feature of the iPod. And I want to know for sure if I got a defective unit. I can live without the artwork for now but I want to know if this could ever be fixed by a software update or if I should get it replaced.

9. em_jis

em_jis Member

i experienced that too...so i always highlight the tracks and choose GET INFO and paste the artwork there...