Pocket Cloud Storage via Pocket WiFi

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by jax216, May 13, 2014.

1. jax216

jax216 New Member

I have a ZTE MF63 and this device has a SDcard slot and I was able to successfully activate the feature allowing me to have an extra storage outside of my 32Gb iPad and 32GB iPhone. The extra storage is limited only by the size of your SDcard, I tested 32Gb to be working. I am able to upload and download files using the web interface. Although, with iOS it will only allow you to upload/download pics. Music/Movies, doesn’t work. (or i haven’t learned/seen how to do it yet).

Android fares better... there are no limits to file type you can upload/download. Though, files approaching 200MB would have some waiting time issues, of course. with Stock Smart web-UI... there is no streaming feature.

ZTE MF63 is 3G only, I want LTE speeds... an officemate offered me the Alcatel Y800 for P5000 (2givs), i grabbed the chance! Anyway, the Y800 has an SDCard slot also! high hopes! which were squashed!!! Tinkering wth the device via its web portal and/or PC connections reveals no way of uploading/downloading to SDCard. it doesnt even show up in any menu.

My questions are...
    1. Has anyone been successful in using Y800 SDcard slot?
    2. Would a firmware update change this limitation? (i prefer not to update as i have read a few issues with connections, after other have updated their firmware).

Anyway, I hope the info I have shared in using your Pocket WiFi as your personal Pocket Cloud helps.

We can always use more storage. Will wait for your feedback. Thanks.

#1 jax216, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014