Newsstand bug: wont let me go back to homescreen in multitasking

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by jjagedalanga, Nov 25, 2014.

1. jjagedalanga

jjagedalanga Member

Just notice this bug today on my iPhone 6+ running 8.1.1. When i open newsstand then enable multitasking, its not giving me an option to go back to my homescreen. Its only happening to newsstand though.

It wont show the homescreen in the multitasking.

[​IMG]

This should be the normal behavior for other apps in multi tasking where it should show the homescreen on the left.

[​IMG]

I tried resetting all setting but with no success
    Wont bother restoring the device since its not really a major issue or maybe im the only one experiencing this.

2. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

[​IMG]

Also with my iphone 6 on 8.1.

3. jjagedalanga

jjagedalanga Member

Am not sure if this is a normal behavior. Could be with ios8.

4. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

I observed this for some time now. iOS 7 is also the same. I use multitasking gestures and it seems newsstand ignores them. Home button responds though so its not a big issue for me.

5. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

Actually it's not a bug, instead a normal behavior. Newsstand is not an Application, it's a folder, and what's inside it are the apps like magazines etc. that's why you cannot even close it on the multitasking screen. Try this one guys. Create a folder consisting of two or more apps inside, open that folder and try to double tap your home button. It will give you the same result as what newsstands behavior when opening the multitasking screen.

[​IMG]

6. jjagedalanga

jjagedalanga Member

thanks for the info. You filthy little folder :)

7. byuson

byuson New Member

[​IMG]
    Then you shouldn't be able to put a folder inside a folder like shown above.

8. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

Yes you can.

[​IMG]

9. garybc

garybc Member

I think it's a bug since iOS 7... Despite the folder-like behavior, you should still be able to exit it, right? But with the newsstand app/folder, there's no way to exit to the top most screen...