My MBP serial no. appeared on Google alerts

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by ijingo, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

And is being sold at Philmug.org.

2. dep28

dep28 Active Member

care to share so that we can look out for it.

also, do alert the admins of the website about it

3. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Here's the link from my email. The specs are different but the serial is exact. I thought the person whom I bought this mistakenly inputted it but its not him. Though I have my MBP. just to alert the ones who inquired I guess.

4. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

keep the box and proof of purchase just in case you need it.

5. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

well the specs and serial # on the ad do not match since the specs should be a macbook pro 2.16ghz... however the unit with serial # W86494RZW0G was reported stolen by imacron here in philmug.ph

6. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Yup, bought it from him. Anyway, probably that was him. I think he has a lot of macs and scrambled all his serials. Although the site is at the other Philmug, just to alert those who are members there too.

7. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

8. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

imacron posted it here around november 2008 then that ad was posted around december 2008, he recovered the macbook pro around march 2009. i think those threads and ads should be updated to prevent confusion.