Must see places in Japan?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by wicket, May 26, 2008.

1. kikoreta

kikoreta Active Member

Anyone know where I can buy Grand Prix tickets for October?

2. Charlie

Charlie Beyond The Box/DW/Digital Hub

Fukuoka is also known to have the best ramen in Japan , yummy hehe

3. zero.

zero. Active Member

Must see place? atomic bomb ruins in Hiroshima. Wanna see that someday.;)

4. mang_boy

mang_boy Member

5. jps444

jps444 Active Member

if in hiroshima then it must be the temple in the middle of water!!! dang i missed that in my last trip! but the nara prefecture and himeji area are also must places for me!

6. saryo

saryo New Member

For my visiting friends on limited time, I bring them to Asakusa temple and after we take the river cruise from Asakusa pier to Odaiba before sunset. This is the cheapest and fastest way to see Japan from temple to high-tech city in 2-3 hours.

You could be my friend also if you will come to Tokyo and am happy to be a tourist guide for PhilMUGgers :cool:

Just pm me in case of need of assistance.

#46 saryo, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  7. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

Try here: http://www.gpticketshop.com

They're reliable, and ship the tickets via DHL/UPS around two weeks before the race weekend. They service mostly European clients, so their prices are a bit higher.

The thing is, when you buy tickets from them, expect to be seated next to Europeans, as opposed to buying tickets from Suzuka itself, wherein you'd expect to be seated next to locals, most likely. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to your preferences.

I experienced this in Shanghai before, as we were seated next to Finns and Germans. As opposed to when I bought tickets for Sepang through their local site, we were seated next to locals. :)

8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

During my recent visit, I stayed in at the Tokyo Cerulean Hotel, Shibuya. A bit pricey, but nice. Here are a few pics I took around Tokyo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Godfather

10. jondextan

jondextan Member

@godfather, thanks for the share. how long was your stay? did you stay in tokyo for the duration of your trip?

11. Godfather

@jondextan

Yes only in Tokyo. I was there for 7 days. Considering that the first and last day were totally wasted in travelling to and from here, it's just practically a 5 day vacation.

One tip: Never ever go in July or August or September. SUPER INIT. As in, if you can believe it, I think it was slightly cooler over here in the Phils. And super humid. Sometimes I had to take three showers in one day.

Even the locals couldn't take the heat. The salarymen all had their coats on their arms and the girls were all skimpily clad. There were girls who were so hot they left little to the imagination with what they wore. Spaghetti tank tops, plunging necklines, shorty shorts, shorty minis and ...

On second thought, ALWAYS go to Tokyo in the summer, that's July August September. :p

12. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ ha ha. funny but I always use this as a consideration whenever I travel, whether the women would be fully wrapped in clothes ( or worse,covered up in winter clothing) or scantily clad due to the season. imagine my disappointment when I visited Bondi during winter. ha ha.

#52 greta87, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  13. jondextan

jondextan Member

@godfather, my trip is in nov so i dunno and that makes me lucky or not. hahaha!

14. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

I've always wanted to stay in a Ryokan with a nice view of the mountains or some place scenic. Maybe in Kyoto or thereabouts.

15. Godfather

I've been in Japan in November too. I remember it was rainy in Tokyo, but pretty sunny in Kyoto and Fukuoka. The weather is very comfortable in November, not too hot, just the right amount of cold, around 20 degrees or so.

Regarding the girls, they're always hot no matter what time of year. :)

16. jondextan

jondextan Member

hi guys! my friend booked my wife and I a hotel in Asakusa on the day we are arriving in Tokyo. he'll meet us up there the next morning. our flight's ETA is at 2:35pm and will probably get to the hotel by late afternoon (being the tourists that we are) just in time for the 4:00pm check in time. i wonder if you could suggest what to do (besides gettting dinner and where) in the Asakusa area during the night. :) tia!

17. mathman

mathman Member

wow this thread is nice. ive been here in tokyo for about 3 weeks already but haven't really been to a lot of places yet. one of the reasons is that i only have the weekends to go out. aside from this, i am also too scared to get lost. hahaha. but yeah please keep your suggestions coming. ^^

18. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Too scared to get lost in Japan?

Yeah, so was I. Here's a quick remedy:

Commit to memory the train stops where you need to get on and off. Just think of Japanese characters as graphics and picture them clearly. It's also a great exercise for concentration, especially when you've consumed a bit of alcohol, lol.

Good luck and happy sightseeing!

19. Nicky

Nicky Member

Awfffh, getting lost in Tokyo is the best thing ever. =) I don't think you can get lost, especially if you've gotten the hang of taking the Metro.

20. mathman

mathman Member

well i think i have more than enough time to explore tokyo (even entire japan) so im not really in a hurry. ill be more adventurous when i can already read the kanji's. hahaha