Macbook Air 2014

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 650h2, Apr 26, 2014.

1. greeneyes

greeneyes Member

I've been waiting for the rumoured 12-inch MBA. But it seems that the rumour has cooled down. Any information?
    I need a new portable unit right now. Should I wait...???

2. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

^go and get one now! and just sell it when the new model become available :)

3. greeneyes

greeneyes Member

4. bennette

bennette Member

yup... just get one already. especially if you really need it. i just ordered one. hehehe.... with the RAM bumped to 8GB. : ) waiting to go back home to get my hands on it... : )

5. greeneyes

greeneyes Member

Just gifted myself with a new MBPr! hehe!!!

6. mosaka

mosaka Active Member

Rumor has it that apple is releasing a 12 inch iPad, I think maybe people are confusing it with a 12 inch MBA?

7. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

which is faster air or pro?

8. arvbee

arvbee Member

Nope. There really was a rumor about the Retina Macbook Air that's allegedly 12". That'd be pretty sweet but I just bought the base rMBP 13".

9. arvbee

arvbee Member

It depends. Are we talking about the non-retina MBP or the retina one?

MBPs generally have higher processors, so CPU-intensive tasks run faster, but booting up, saving and copying and shutting down is faster with the Air since it's on SSD. So in short, the rMBP is faster than both. :D

10. mosaka

mosaka Active Member

I know about it, but rumors only states the screensize (12 inch) then it was suppose to run with Broadwell chips inside, but there were also rumors about a 12 inch ipad, so maybe just maybe both sides are confusing each other.

11. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The new mba 12" will be available Q2 2015

12. jeyps11_c

jeyps11_c Member

Tagal pa pala ng 12".

I have a mid-2011 MBA and I am on the fence about getting a MBA 2014. I was trying to do a specs comparison and the ones that stand out is the battery life and USB 3.0. Not sure about the processor, I am assuming that the Turbo Boosting on the 2014 MBA gets the nod.

Is it a worth it upgrade?

13. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

also thought of upgrading my previous 2011 mba to a 2014 one, but since it's still not using a retina display, i ended up getting a macbook pro instead. then i just adjusted the screen resolution to match the mba's screen resolution. though it's not as slim and light, it still fits my sleeve and bag. and as per my observation, this mac does not heat up as much as my 2011 mba, or maybe the fans are just quieter. :)

14. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

can anyone recommend where to get a 40watt charger for MBA2014? are those being sole in lazada or shoppee any good? any 3rd party recommended brands?