mac office

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by bigfellow, Dec 28, 2004.

1. bigfellow

bigfellow Guest

when i bought my ibook it comes with office software but when i started using it, it says it will expire after 30 days.... suppliers ba talaga trial lang ang ini install nila?? not the license one?

thanks

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Of course if you didn't buy it don't expect your reseller to install it :)

3. Aldrich

Aldrich Guest

i got mine free.. permanent :p

4. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

then you got lucky. bundling commercial apps like ms office with new machines is, strictly speaking, illegal and could get your supplier in trouble. unless you want the BSA (the piracy cops) to swoop down on your dealer and you, you'd be better off enjoying your good fortune in silence :)

again, to newbies, please don't expect authorized resellers to do what they can't or shouldn't. this isn't to deny hypocritically that bundling or piracy is a common practice in this country, but that's one big step away from expecting it as a matter of policy.

5. bigfellow

bigfellow Guest

i think i got the problem, i have 2 folders with microsoft office, the other is office for mac test drive...thats what caused the trial

thanks anyway

6. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

just curious... how much did you pay for your microsoft office?

7. Aldrich

Aldrich Guest

dude try limewire im pretty sure they have it there

8. yapi

yapi Member

I don't mean to play mod, or just be a plain wet blanket, but I believe that's illegal, and while piracy does run rampant in our country, I believe that the good mods in PhilMUG do not allow such talk on the forum. It was stated in the agreement when you sign up as a member. Just a friendly heads up ;)

9. elbert

elbert Active Member

10. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Ano ka ba? Can you please stop this? Bad enough you're crowing about ripping off Limewire Pro, you're encouraging piracy pa by telling people to use Limewire to rip off more software.

Please know too that this is a public forum monitored by software companies. We had a case where Roxio asked for information about a couple of members who were blithely trading software publicly on this site. If Microsoft or the BSA reads your posts and asks for your personal info, we are obligated to surrender it.

From the Guidelines:

"PhilMug reserves the right to reveal a member's identity, or whatever information we know about that member, including a member's IP Address, in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by that member. All private information regarding a member will only be released to proper authorities if so requested."

Consider this your second warning, Aldrich.