iPhone 11 Pro Max Smart Battery Case with Wireless Charging

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by BenG, Nov 22, 2019.

?

Will you be getting this?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. On the fence

25.0%
  1. BenG

BenG Member

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..batt life more than enough. Do not need it. Besides, I am using a car wireless charger and dock so everytime I drive, my iPhone gets recharged. With the daily infernal Edsa traffic, top up is no sweat.

3. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Prrrrrrrrobably not. It supposedly gives you 50% more battery, but all I need is for my battery to last a day and my current iPhone can serve that just fine. A thought I briefly entertained for getting this case is that it can serve as a spare battery for emergency, but it's more economical to just get a power bank for that purpose. Even better, a power bank with wireless charging like the ones from Mophie, OmniCharge, or RAVPower.

#3 Edelheid, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    raypin likes this.
  4. BenG

BenG Member

Got an old power bank with 9000 mAh, but thinking this case would be very convenient especially when travelling. No wires, and phone charges automatically when required. Still thinking about it, though as not quite sure which colour would suit my Midnight Green Pro Max.:cautious:

5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...initial review of the new Apple smart battery case:

The vid explains the mechanics of charging. Of course, it is still fugly as previous gen but I now know why Apple choose the bump design over the more streamlined design of third party battery case: Apple wanted to preserve the signal reception of the iPhone by minimizing blockage. The more signals are blocked around the antenna band (for cellular and wifi), the more battery inefficient the iPhone becomes (consumes more battery life than normal).

6. BenG

BenG Member

Woke up today and decided to just get it. Just a shame that they don’t have the white one, as that’s what I would’ve really preferred.

Made do with the black one.

Attached Files:

raypin likes this.