Gmail account on Mail app

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by warped, Jan 12, 2016.

1. warped

warped Member

I can't remember which iOS version I first encountered this issue with my gmail account not being able to send email unless I connect it via wifi with the Mail app. The weird part is if i try to send an email through the gmail app or via safari and connected using cellular data, I am able to do so. Anyone encountered this issue?

2. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, exactly the same issue I've always had. I've gotten used to replying via the Gmail app. Hope there's a better solution out there.

3. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

i also have the same issue using mail app sending via gmail and/or my company server but i can reply via gmail app. i think the issue is more of our local telco network speed and not app related.

4. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

I wasn't aware of it but it seems I also have this problem. I actually discovered that I have some unsent mail

5. warped

warped Member

Yeah. The telco signal is suspect as well. But 8 or 9 out of 10 even on a full signal message sending fails. Will just keep on testing I guess

trigo likes this.
  6. warped

warped Member

Update: looks like there's something with the mail app config that's causing the issue. I have two gmail accounts configured. As soon as I took out the other gmail account, I was able to send an email using cellular data. But in the older versions of iOS, it was possible to have multiple gmail accounts.