Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Most likely around end November. I remember back then, some would have "inside info" on the release date, then usually mali hehe.

ianthensome likes this.
  2. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Oh wow that is quite late? I remember last year it was just about end of October.

3. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Did Globe lower the cash out for the iPhone XR?

4. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Oh it was? Sorry my bad. Maybe end October nga. I got my iPhone 8 two years ago around end November if I was not mistaken. I thought it was also November last year.

ianthensome likes this.
  5. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

How to use these points? I feel i’m stacking thousand of points already and still no idea how to make it worthwhile.

6. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

Download GRewards app then explore

7. xtine

xtine Active Member

I use mine for Globe rebates. I get the ₱500 off (twice) and get ₱1,000 off my bill.

8. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

They may do so when the iPhone 11 is launched by Globe.

9. AVG

AVG Active Member

Does Globe offers VoLTE already? I have a setting on my iPhone which has VoLTE on and off. But when I turned it on it shows a warning sign that this cellular network has not been certified by the carrier for VoLTE on iPhone. By the way, I’m also on the latest iOS 13.

Attached Files:

10. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Their network in NCR already has VoLTE support. However Globe still has to provision our accounts for IMS which is the backend system for VoLTE.

Your iPhone will show the IMS Status for Voice & SMS if your account is provisioned.

2D84536A-6BEC-4B01-91CB-A6C0F7C5E5C5.png

AVG and rabby like this.
  11. AVG

AVG Active Member

I see. Thank you so much! Do you have an idea if when will Globe implement IMS so we can use VoLTE?

12. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

No idea when they'll start provisioning accounts for VoLTE. Hopefully soon.

AVG likes this.
  13. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

My lock in with globe expire i think late december, could i recontract 1 month earlier than my lock in end? Cause i think before sa globe pwede mag recontract one month earlier, i dont know now if they would allow it again.

14. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes. You can start making arrangements 30 days before your contract ends. That way, the moment your current lock-in expires, the new one automatically starts.

Don’t be tempted to activate the changes before your bill cut-off or you’ll be charged those add-ons on top of your last bill before the new contract kicks in.

15. JR2020

JR2020 New Member

HI! I'm hoping any of you can help. I've had my plan since June and today, I received two messages via sms saying that my unbilled charges has gone up to 200 (1st text) and 300 (2nd text). "You've used up 384.83 of your 201 spending limit. Once your call, text, and data usagesexceed your spending limit, your outgoing services may be temporarily disabled".

I was assisted via messenger and they confirm that I only have 60 pesos for my outside of Globe calls. But I have 55 transactions that make me go beyond the spending limit. I am sure I do not have 55 transactions on my phone. I don't use it. I'm not sure if I'm being scammed by Globe or something else that got my number. Huhu I hope you can help.

Not sure how to stop my bill from increasing. It's now at ver 400 pesos.

16. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

You should visit a Globe business office or talk to a live agent to figure out what’s happening. Are you getting any text whatsoever about these “transactions”?

Another thing to consider is if you’re not enrolled in any of the volume-based or unli-data promos. If so, that will automatically put you under a per-mb or time-based internet access and these will eat up your credits like they’re Tic Tacs.

17. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone here suddenly experiencing really bad signal reception from Globe?

Both here in our office (Pasig) and at home (Bulacan), SMS and calls are either a hit or miss. I changed to another iPhone got the same experience.

I'm thinking if it is my SIM card already that has the problem.

18. DON2003

DON2003 PhilMUG Addict Member

sino naka Plan100? or anyone know ano included sa Plan100?
    plan to give it to kids, pero just found out its not 100 pesos but 133.xx pala? tama ba yon? 118.84+vat 14.26 =133.10 pesos pala total monthly basic recurring charge, ganyan ba talaga? daya talaga etong Globe.
    ano din free? 10 minutes call to Globe? ilang sms?
    parang mas sulit pa prepaid, hehe.
    pls share if anyone knows, tia

19. textguru

textguru Active Member

same here, always 1 bar but i am getting LTE service. Unit has been restarted, SIM transferred to other unit and still the same.

20. a9828

a9828 Member

Globe killing off Spotify 129 as part of the consumable plan amount beginning Mar1. Hotline says enrolling again using the 149 offer billed to plan will make it a separate cost (no longer part of consumable), meaning +149 sa bill. Medyo magulo kausap yung customer service officer but can anyone confirm this? Are there still alternative means to get the service as part of a mobile plan? Thanks