Best time to buy the 2015 Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by awkwardninja7, Oct 30, 2016.

1. eyemac

eyemac Active Member

All I want for this Christmas is a 2015 Macbook Pro, any leads?

2. Agent007

Agent007 New Member

Will have my MBP 13in 256gb variant soon. Hinabol ko talaga yung promo ng BTB. Sayang eh. Saktong for christmas gift na rin sa sarili. Hehe. Waiting for pickup na lang. ubos na ubos stocks nila eh.

3. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

Replenishment done in BTB Rockwell. :)

4. aleyhanamae

aleyhanamae New Member

anyone knows where i can get a brand new 2015 model? i really need a MBP now. been looking for the perfect one since last week. I'm torn between buying a 2nd hand 2012 model (upgradeable) or a brand new 2015/2016 model.

mokmoki likes this.
  5. eyemac

eyemac Active Member

it's still available at Apple Authorize resellers like Beyond The Box, Switch and PowerMac

6. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

get a 2015 model. the 2012 model is quite dated now.

7. aleyhanamae

aleyhanamae New Member

emailed BTB and they don't have 2015 15" model anymore and 2016 touch bar models only... so now im on a hunt again! :cry: thanks tho! :giggle:

8. aleyhanamae

aleyhanamae New Member

thank you!!! will probably get a 2015 15" model...

9. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

The 2015 Retina MacBook Pro (rMBP) are still available online at the Apple Store:
    • ₱ 69,990 for the 13" (base model); and
    • ₱ 109,990 for the 15" (base model).
    If you know someone who has a credit card, try asking him/her to help you buy it.

If I may add, in case you're considering the 13" version, I recommend that you opt for at least the non-touchbar 2016 MacBook Pro (ntbMPB) which sells at ₱ 83,990 (base model). Note that while the 13" rMBP seems substantially cheaper at first glance than the ntbMPB, the rMBP base model only comes with 128GB SSD (which many would agree is just too small), while the ntbMPB base model already comes with 256GB SSD. If you bump it to 256GB, you add ₱ 10,000, and that brings the price of the rMBP to ₱ 79,990--which is just ₱ 4,000 less than the ntbMBP base model.

#69 Qin Zhi, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  10. aleyhanamae

aleyhanamae New Member

thank you for this! will consider all the options! :giggle:

11. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

If you have BDO Visa, they have a promo until tomorrow, 8.88% cash rebate on all online spend of at least Php10,000. Your cost for the 13" ntbMPB would then be around Php 76,500.

aleyhanamae and Qin Zhi like this.
  12. eyemac

eyemac Active Member

@aleyhanamae - try the other authorized resellers then (Switch and PowerMac) but I think stocks of the 2015 variant is very slim to none though it still appear on their website.
    ordering at ApplePH is also an option.
    if all else fail then getting the 2016 (non touch bar) is also a winner because the base model has 256GB of SSD RAM already as base model. I'm sure you'll decide wisely.... goodluck

aleyhanamae likes this.
  13. Kryptonian

Kryptonian Member

I'm eyeing for the 2015 15" MBP Retina worth Php 119,990
    • 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
    • 16GB 1600MHz memory
    • 512GB PCIe-based SSD
    I own the previous 256GB SSD and somehow it is not enough for my needs. Sigh time to save up again due to a stupid accident that broke the LCD of my existing MBP :(

14. Qin Zhi

Too bad, the Apple PH online store does not sell refurbished Macs. Although I haven't tried buying refurbished, many members here attest that the quality's the same, it's eligible for AppleCare, and that it's substantially cheaper.

Just to give you an example, the Apple China online store is selling a refurbished 2015 15" rMBP with a 2.5GHz Core i7 (and 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) for only RMB 15,248, which is about Php 109,750 [link here]:
    Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 9.05.00 PM.png

You'd get more for more less. Same quality, same warranty, only the box is different. With a credit card, you can even pay for it in 12 monthly installments at 0% interest. [Note: I'm just citing the above as an example. I don't sell or deal in these.]

My suggestion is if you know someone who lives abroad, such as Hong Kong, Singapore, U.S. or a similar country where Apple sells refurbished, you might want to consider asking their help in purchasing a refurbished Mac for you.

#74 Qin Zhi, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  15. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

After weeks of tirelessly applying hourly page refresh over Apple webby's list of Refurbished Macbook Pros for sale, I got lucky last Thursday to finally spot this 2015 Macboook Pro 15-inch 2.5GHz with 512SSD and AMD Radeon graphics. Whew. This is my first refurbished purchase so far. I was excited to finally own one as I aimed for a speedier, more productive machine, having been served by Deego, my nifty 2007 15-inch Macbook Pro, for close to 10 years. The new device was delivered on Saturday night, triggering me to only open the box on one condition - declutter and clean my work desk first. LoL. As I opened the package, it appears that the smell isn't the same as the scent of the product that I opened 10 years ago. Eto, amoy parang repair shop. I couldn't also help but do physical comparison by placing the two side-by-side. Boy, I have been living in the cave after giving deadma to all macbook pro models after '07. I was determined to use Deego until the end but I guess it's really time to upgrade. Now, I can do photo imports with its built-in SD card slot, plug my USB3 devices seamlessly, enjoy the thinner build and snappier performance - hoping to increase my productivity. I'm quite thankful that this came along. Otherwise, I have no choice but to give in to the 2016 model, which i initially planned to purchase from the Apple Orchard Road once it opens. I wish best of luck to those who continue their quest in searching for this model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Qin Zhi likes this.
  16. Qin Zhi

^ Wow! You're indeed lucky--as that refurb is much better than the 15" rMBPs currently being sold as yours has discrete graphics. Your patience indeed paid off! (y)

#76 Qin Zhi, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  17. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ Many thanks! :) Time to start hunting for essentials to protect this machine. In case there are folks who are still searching for one, the same model is still available as of writing time. The only difference is that it comes with 2.8 GHz and 1TB SSD, commanding a steep price of SGD$3458.

https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/15

18. hellomek

hellomek New Member

Looking to buy a rMBP 13" 2015 here also. Any new leads? :)