Wireless (all-in-one) Printer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ice, Jul 21, 2017.

1. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Got mine from Lazada, if it helps. :)

2. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi! What is a good printer for printing on sticker papers? The bond paper size sticker papers. My daughter needs it for

3. isaak

isaak Active Member

Yesterday I bought a Canon G3010 printer. When I got home I realized that it's not compatible with Mac OS. I intend to go back to the store to replace it (sales guy said it was compatible with mac). But quick question -- is there really no work around to have this work with mac? TIA

4. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

It is compatible, download the all in one drivers for canon on their website. Been using a g3000 and it works great on macos, even via wifi.

isaak likes this.
  5. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

6. isaak

isaak Active Member

Thanks for the replies, @jayparalejas, @eag. It was written on the box kasi that it was not compatible, and I didn't want to open it anymore to try and tinker with it, because if I fail, it would be harder to have it replaced. Will try. Thanks!

7. b0gni

b0gni Active Member

I use the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3776. It's the smallest printer with AirPrint I saw while canvassing for one. The compact size is suitable for small spaces. I only print with regular bond paper though.

8. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Sleek design. One thing I noticed is the scanner. Can you confirm if it can be used to scan IDs, or irregular-sized documents like passports, books, etc.

9. jayparalejas

10. b0gni

b0gni Active Member

I've only scanned bond-paper documents so far. But online reviews mention you can scan IDs. Passports, leaning towards no, but books are a definite no. The area for scanning/copying is narrow.

11. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

I'm also using G3000. Too bad it doesn't support Airprint. So whenever I need to print a doc from my phone, I have to open the file in PDF then open it in the Canon print app. That's only when I can start printing.

For MacOS, it works fine. :)

12. jayparalejas

Use Chrome Instead! I always open my PDF's in Chrome and use that to print wirelessly, to any laptops not registered with a driver yet, but in the same network of my printer.

Also you can add the Canon printer using Bonjour. add the printer on print system preferences. and it will work like any printer plugged in. just install the canon universal drivers provided by apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1928?locale=en_US

13. jayparalejas

Sorry Misread your post. haha! too early for me. Yes it doesn't support native airprint. But I rarely print on mobile. Canon IOS apps are trash.

14. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Any users of the Epson L6170 here?

We're planning to use it for our small startup, we've been using Epson's printers for a while now and my only concern for their InkTank system is the "Ink Waste Pad" notification where you need to have it serviced (for 2 weeks in our area!). Although I've read from Epson support US that people tend to just replace the printer once that notification/warning arises since it's more cost-effective to upgrade come that time instead of having the waste pads replaced. The waste pad error also indicates that the most of the printer's components are nearing it's end of life, hence the recommendation to just upgrade.

I've been using "reset codes/programs" for our old L210 ink tank all-in-one for a while now and starting this year, print quality has degraded by so much, that's why I'm considering the L6170 sine it has an ADF where we can scan legal sized docs instead of the usual all-in-one where you're limited by the flatbed's size which is only A4.

15. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

bought an HP DeskJet 2621 for my daughter...

was surprised to learn that HP 65 cartridges are not easily available there...

are there still shops who refill inks/sell compatible cartridges?

16. oj88

17. yammie

yammie Active Member

Im
    I use Printopia so I can print from my iOS device. You wil install this on your Mac though and it will publish the printer as an Airprint device.

https://www.decisivetactics.com/products/printopia/

18. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

HP 2621 here uses HP65... Tried National, Offoce Warehouse and Octagon... They don't have the ink. Only option I have there is Lazada

19. oj88

Ah, you're right. Took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up staring at the spec sheet for the HP OfficeJet 2621.

20. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

My HP printer at home suddenly stopped working on my Windows 10 PC after a forced OS update a few months ago (Thanks Microsoft! :mad:). Couldn't make it work whatever I tried (HP troubleshooting, online guides, Youtube videos, etc). Had to buy a cheap new Canon one (an MG3670) to replace it. Happy with the Canon printer as of the moment.