Upcoming Cars

Discussion in 'General OT' started by bribri, Jan 12, 2011.

1. jerichojanolo

jerichojanolo Well-Known Member

2018 Ford Expedition will come only in 4x4 extended length.

[​IMG]

Godfather and Sunil_K like this.
  2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

The new Vios is now in Singapore... (was surprised to see it this morning as the old Gen Vios did not meet the Euro-6 requirement)

3. jerichojanolo

The Expeditions have started to come in.

[​IMG]

Godfather likes this.
  4. rockwell

rockwell Member

How much and what colors are coming in?

5. jerichojanolo

The price is P4.258m. Colors are: Black, White, Magnetic Metallic, Stone Gray, Blue

Godfather likes this.
  6. jerichojanolo

Here they come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#386 jerichojanolo, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Sunil_K, Godfather and neilrg like this.
  7. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    When was the current model City first released? Has it been five years? What's the feedback on it?

8. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Released around early 2014 if im not mistaken. I don’t own a City nor do i know someone who does, so I can’t comment on its feedback.

9. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

2019 Genesis G70

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I sat on them last International Auto Show here in Edmonton and boy, it's really looking like i'm in an Audi. The materials used, the textures, the click of the buttons and knobs are very premium. You won't feel like you're in a korean-made car.

Starts here at $42k CAD for the 2.0T model (252HP) and tops out at $57k CAD fully loaded 3.3T (365HP).

I'm now reassessing if I really need that downpayment for a mortgage this year :D

potpot2 likes this.
  10. jerichojanolo

The 2018 Ford Explorer is now at the dealership.

Same price as the 2017 model, and improvements are only on the exterior.

[​IMG]

Godfather likes this.
  11. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

12. mree

mree Well-Known Member

So I'm now ready to get another vehicle. As much as I'd like to get another Mazda (just sold my 3 and still owns a CX-7), I need something that can sit more than 5, but not as pricey as the CX-9. Although I still wish I can afford a CX-9.

I test drove the MU-X, Montero, Everest Trend, and Fortuner G. Now I'm down to 2: an Everest Trend and a Fortuner G. Medyo leaning towards the Everest, but I want to know the feedback of the owners here, lalo na first time ko mag Ford. Also, it would be great if anyone can give me ideas on how much the maintenance costs are for these vehicles.

Thank you, as usual.

13. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Our family owns a 4x2 Ford Everest Titanium and a 3.0 Isuzu Mu-X. The Everest is definitely worth every peso. Interior and exterior is better IMO, NVH is best in class, solid body and I think has the highest ANCAP rating of all current PPVs?. As for PMS cost, check Ford Philippines' website for estimated cost. So far, my last two PMS experience at Ford Manila Bay is good. Had to sign a waiver, though, when I opted not to change the air filter (bought cheaper OEM air filter at Banawe).

Godfather and mree like this.
  14. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Thank you, Marky. I didn't realize (my bad for not researching) that the estimated cost is available on their website. I also read other forums about Everest. It looks like Ford is not as different as the rest, where each casa has their own pricing for PMS. This doesn't bother me as much, as I always ask for an e-mail quote of the services to be performed and I pre-approve anyway before going to casa. A little more research then I think I'm ready to make a decision.

I just wish that it [Everest] came with a Push Start / Stop ignition and optional beige interior. I'm not a fan of black interior.

leninmac likes this.
  15. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

We have the beige interior. I'm not a fan. Hehe. If only we waited a month or two we could have gotten the one with dark interior. I drive an 8th gen Civic with beige interior and it's really hard to maintain.

No push start is not a big deal for me. It's convenient but I don't see it as necessary to have.

mree likes this.
  16. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm happy with my 15-month-old Everest Titanium. I almost got the beige interior and am glad I opted for the dark one instead.

I do want to upgrade the headlights on it, though, and would appreciate any recommendations, thanks!

mree likes this.
  17. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

There are after market push start systems that you can install on you car. Price range I believe is between PHP10-15K. Some would even allow you to start your engine remotely while outside the vehicle or even turn on the air conditioning. It will probably void the electrical warranty of your car though.

mree likes this.
  18. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I reviewed the MU-X, Everest Trend and Fortuner before deciding eventually on the Everest. The Everest won because it is easier to drive, it has far better fit, finish and quality of materials than any other PPV in its class. I can email you the reviews of all 3 vehicles if you like. I even made a side by side picture comparo between the finalists for me, the Everest and the Fortuner. :p

I bought the Everest Trend in February last year, and for the past year or so, it has been great. If this is your first PPV, be warned though that the Everest is no different from the Fortuner, MU-X or any other pickup-based SUV, in that the rear passengers will find the ride bouncy.

As to casa service, the PMS guide in the Ford website is only a guide. Every casa will try their best to taga you. For an idea of how much it actually costs here was my expense for the Trend so far :

6 mos / 10k km = Php 9,213.81
    12 mos / 20k km = Php 15,309.44

Ford maintenance is not cheap, so I plan to do in house PMS only until the warranty expires.

#398 Godfather, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Sabonis, mree and jerichojanolo like this.
  19. mree

mree Well-Known Member

@marky2115 – baliktad tayo sir. LOL. Ako naman mas fan ng light interiors. So far, no issues with staining kaya siguro gusto ko pa din.

@SE20 – I’m a fan of beige interiors! The only enemy is a brand new denim! LOL. As for your headlights, I would search for Firedrake in FB. I plan on upgrading the Trend variant, as soon as I get one.

@leninmac – Maybe not worth upgrading to a push start system for now. It’s more of a “wish” for me to have a car that has those smart keys with push to lock / unlock button on doors and to start / stop the engine, but not really a deal-breaker.

@Godfather – I actually looked at your blog but didn’t find an Everest review. Yes, it’ll be my first PPV. Have always owned sedans and a crossover. I, however, rode PPVs before so I’m well aware that they don’t give luxurious ride. I’m getting one more for utility than anything else. As for the maintenance, well, unless I get another Mazda, I have to deal with nuanced casa pricings. And like you, I only plan to do PMS with casa until warranty. I have my trusty Golden Isuzu and FrdMaz for parts and maintenance, and Maxicon for AC.

I appreciate all the feedback and assistance. As usual, you guys are the best. I’ve made up my mind and I’ll get the Trend.

Still wishing for a CX-9. LOLOLOL

Godfather likes this.
  20. jerichojanolo

There's a 4x2 Standard Length variant for the 2018 Expedition.

With 2nd row bench seats: Php 3,998,000
    With 2nd row "bucket" seats: Php 4,098,000

Godfather likes this.