Power Mac has the most inexperienced staff

Discussion in 'Power Mac Center' started by Everythinglou, Dec 28, 2015.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^the products they sell are not the problem, its their service hehe

2. zero.

zero. Active Member

I stay at Legaspi Village whenever I'm in the country for a vacation. And you know what? Even if Powermac Greenbelt is just a 10 minute walk from where I live, I'd rather drive to BTB Robinson's Manila for my Apple products.

Last July, my wife needed to buy a 13" MBA and upon passing by Powermac Greenbelt she literally pulled me into the store to check the units, and she was very perplexed on my reaction that was like I was entering a place that's suffocating and would cause me allergies. Haha! The next day, we drove to Robinsons Manila and got what she needed.

While driving home, I explained why we eventually bought the Air at BTB Rob Manila.

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. drdom

drdom Member

I had an incident at their Trinoma branch about a year ago. I was looking for a lighting to VGA adapter for when I make my presentations. I approached one of their staff, who at that time was chatting with another staff. I asked about the product I needed and in a heartbeat he replied "ay wala na po". So I started to browse just behind the staff I just asked and I saw there were a line of lighting to VGA adapters sitting there. So I tell him, hey I think this is what I'm looking for. He again says no, out of stock na po talaga. I point to the product and say, yan yun oh! He replies, hindi pa yan yun, iba yan. (now I don't mind that his comment made a customer look dumb, but what if I didn't know better?)

I pick up the adapter, read the description that says "lightning to VGA" and show it, literally 5 inches from his face.

Finally he accepts that it is in fact what I was looking for and continues to mumble... kanina wala yan dyan eh. ubos na talaga.

This isn't even a technical issue. I can let those slide. It's a basic awareness of work issue.

4. dpee

dpee New Member

Wow, and I was considering dropping by their store later to buy an ipad.

5. waks13

waks13 Active Member

Well so far for me, I bought everything from PowerMac Robinsons Ermita. so far they are quite good on info and service.

6. Airmaxone

Airmaxone Active Member

I remember this store in Megamall quite well when I was still in the Philippines. At that time all apple products in the US where sold only on the Apple Store. In 2007 they allowed other vendors such as Frys, best buy etc. to sell their products. It's a good thing Powermac was able to sell Apple products. I think they got Apple's consent since we really don't have an Apple Store in the Philippines. :)

7. dpee

dpee New Member

Out of stock Ipad Air 2 so I bought from Powermac. Service was ok, not spectacular. I also noticed that they tended to cluster together, and not mind customers.

8. xxkarezxx

xxkarezxx New Member

I got a terrible experience from Power Mac Center MOA. Bought a 21.5 iMac from them March this year, yeah, no problem when it was opened and tested. Next day, to my surprise, it was so slow! A single app would take minutes to open. I immediately called their service center to have it repaired.I brought it there at around noon, they said that it only needs a reinstall of the os and it will be done by 8pm the same day. I got back at the said time, and they said it's still not finish yet because of a system failure. I asked them to replace it instead because it's only been a day and a half prior the purchase date, but they refuse it! telling me they can't replace it. I was telling them that a new unit (mid-range) will not be this slow unless it's defective, but they still didn't budge. So I sought help from Apple CS and told them my dilemma, they said it's definitely a defective unit and the store have to provide me a unit replacement. I went back to the store the next day asking them to just replace it but still, they said no, but when I told them about my conversation with the csa from apple ph they immediately had it replaced!

Ugh, will never step foot in their stores again.

9. maRian

maRian Member

Same place. Just few weeks ago, I was browsing an area to where the macbook cases are, finding colors for speck cases. But there are two staffs talking and standing in the way that I couldn't properly browse. I was there standing obviously struggling to check the items, but they didn't budged a bit. Annoyed, I just stormed off and end up buying speck cases on Digital Walker.

10. roland28

roland28 Member

i witness this last midnight launch.... iba iba sila ng sinasabi...

11. christianz30

christianz30 Active Member

I messaged PMC to ask if they have stocks of Beats Solo 3 via FB message, the account said it was available. But after calling in the stores in some of the branches, they mentioned those are not yet available... I was already excited and now I'm sad :(

12. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I went to PMC Power Plant Mall just last night to purchase a case to protect my phone with, and aside from the fact that they have little employees present for some odd reason—the ones that you can actually see were occupied with whatever they seem to be doing amongst each other—to accommodate me it was still an overall passable service. The lady who did accommodate me eventually also handled my purchase since the registrar was empty.

It was at least better than my experience at PMC Megamall. They have a good number of employees but they would rather hold conversations with each other. Maybe they were even irritated because I asked one of them about a particular product I've been eyeing on, which I ended up buying anyway. If actually given the choice—and most importantly availability of specific products—I'd vote with my money and roam other stores with basic courtesy but alas... they always seem to have what I need.

#72 Edelheid, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  13. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

doesn't Beyond The Box have everything we need amigo, with much nicer and prettier staff?

jayparalejas likes this.
  14. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Sadly, they didn't have any of the newer Apple Leather Case. :(

15. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

you know amigo, i can only arrive at one conclusion in this case: PMC went for broke on their procurement team, making sure they always have the latest and greatest and thus sucking all the talent from their sales team. whereas BTB seems to have spread the wealth equally amongst their staff, thus making them the more balanced group of the two.

Edelheid likes this.
  16. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Agree on this one!