1. chestercruzado

Hello! I hope you can help me. Why can't I access itunes movies via my itunes philippines account? What will I do? I'm planning to buy apple tv this week. How much does it cost? Thanks!

2. vanerz

vanerz Member

Hi there. I don't think the Philippines iTunes Store covers movies. I'm pretty sure it only covers apps. Try opening a US iTunes account. Though, I think you'll have to use a US-based credit card for that.

Hope that helps. :)

3. redticket

redticket Member

Movies and Music stores are not available in the Philippines App Store. You can view them only if you have an US Apple store account, and to purchase you must either have a US issued credit card or an iTunes gift card.

4. chestercruzado

How can I use apple tv if I can't access itunes movies? Thanks! for the reply

5. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

That's precisely the reason why Apple TV is NOT officially sold in RP. People buy it from other sources (US or elsewhere) and bring it here to use by buying iTunes movies using iTunes Gift Cards or charged to a US-issued credit card.

Local credit card, no way.
    PayPal linked to a local credit card, no way also.

6. chestercruzado

Thanks for the replies.

7. powerseller

powerseller Member

I think you need an US Itunes account. I'm selling US iTunes Code via email, if you're interested, please contact me.

8. chestercruzado

Thanks for the replies. God bless!

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm.......just a correction: local credit card linked to Paypal and used to buy an U.S. iTunes Gift card and redeemed with your "U.S." iTunes account is a GO. Members of the ATV club here have been doing that since the introduction of the Apple TV. Of course, Apple Inc. allows this circuitous route even though it has the technology to deny access to non-U.S. accounts using geoblocking. Netflix geoblocks (easily defeated with VPNs).

For more info, search the Apple TV threads here.

10. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Still NO GO, @raypin. I tried again to enter my PayPal account for my US iTunes account and this is the message that came up: "This recipient requires that you have a valid funding source from United States in order to complete this transaction."

Do you have any other tricks for this?

11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmmm.....really? I m scratching my head. Perhaps Apple implemented a new policy. My "U.S." account, birthed in 2008, still accepts IGCs purchased from eBay using my local credit card and linked to my Paypal account. My latest purchases this week: Kings Speech HD rental and The Big Bang Theory Seasons 4 and 5, also in HD format. I haven't tried the direct route. IGCs being retailed in eBay carries a slight premium over face value. My nom de guerre? Kurt Waldheim......the secretary-general of the U.N. in the '70s.