macOS 10.14 Mojave

Discussion in 'General macOS and Apps' started by speeds, Jun 5, 2018.

1. vrl29

vrl29 Member

same here, just did the upgrade (not clean install) last week on the rMBP 2015 and i prefer the newer features of Mojave. in your case, the OS version will jump 4 versions so it may have significant changes .

Sunil_K likes this.
  2. Amaru

Amaru Member

So I updated last night from High Sierra to Mojave 10.14. Im using a 2017 13" MBP.

I just noticed this morning that my battery percentage seems to got stuck in 60%, when I check, it says Battery is Not Charging, Power Source: Power Adapter.
    Anyone experienced this? Its working fine before I updated to Mojave, my colleagues are also using same MBP but still on High Sierra and not experiencing this, even when they use my charger, or when I use theirs, it still won't charge.

3. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Br
    bring it to a service center. That’s probably a hardware issue and has nothing to di with Mojave. That happened to my 2017 15in MBP and they ended up replacing the entire bottom part of the laptop.

4. babybear

babybear Member

Try resetting the SMC... it worked for me when my MBP 13" 2017 (High Sierra) stopped charging :

https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT201295

If the battery is nonremovable:

1. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
    2. After your Mac shuts down, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds. If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.
    3. Release all keys.
    4. Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.

5. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I am annoyed that I don't see the + to add a new tab in Finder (when only 1 tab is present); it only appears if you have created 2 or more tabs

suavecito likes this.
  6. Amaru

Amaru Member

Thanks for the reply, will drop by sa Switch kung Hindi ko pa din mayos. Happened after I updated kaya Mojave ang suspect ko. How long did it take to replace yung bottom part?

7. Amaru

Amaru Member

Tried multiple times resetting the SMC, battery still not charging.

8. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Unfortunately it took almost a month since the parts came from SG pa daw. Btw you should try resetting nga muna your SMC as what babybear recommended if it did not work then it’s most likely a hardware problem.

9. Amaru

Amaru Member

tried resetting multiple times, I think 15th time ko na ngayon, it seems charging na, sane tuloy tuloy na

Update, nagchacharge na, though intermittent, may times na hindi nagchacharge, I just have to remove the cable or transfer sa kabilang port then magcharge na ulit

#109 Amaru, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  10. babybear

babybear Member

Nice to know it's working na. Have you check if meron problem yung usual port na ginagamit mo? Sa MBP ko, isa sa 4 na port medyo nagloloko, need to move it a little for it to connect

11. Amaru

Amaru Member

Its not charging again. Baka nga hardware, I tried different chargers from my colleagues, magkakasabay pa binili tong amin, though mine is a 16GB. 3 weeks palang to. Will just bring it back sa Switch.

12. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

In the meantime you can press Cmd+T to add a new tab in Finder (as well as Safari).

#112 Qin Zhi, Oct 25, 2018
    Dekra likes this.
  13. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Press Shift-Command-T to change that behaviour. Example of what will happen:

[​IMG]

Shouldn't it be Command-T by default?

Reason for edit: Attached screenshot.

#113 Edelheid, Oct 25, 2018
    Dekra and Qin Zhi like this.
  14. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

Oops—thanks for pointing that out. Already corrected my original post. ;)

Edelheid likes this.
  15. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Thanks for the replies

16. Amaru

Amaru Member

So I brought it to Switch Glorietta, observation is battery not charging, it'll take 3 days to complete the diagnostics and maybe 14days to get the replacement since they need to order it sa SG pa. Since I'm going to SG next week, Ill have it diagnose there. I also called Apple Support, we did an online diagnostic and as per result, battery failure, so they set me an appointment sa isang apple service center on monday and they'll do final diagnostics and replace parts.

17. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Have you tried plugging the cable first to the device first before the power source? Something to do with the USB-C's bi-directional current flow thingymawhat. I often make this mistake and Chargeberry would usually tell me that I have 10hrs left to charge from 80%.

18. Amaru

Amaru Member

tried that also, still not charging. even multiple smc reset. From online diagnostics, battery failed already as per apple support and will need replacement.

19. babybear

babybear Member

Well it's best to have it fixed/replaced asap. Since it's only 3 weeks old, definitely have it fixed/serviced while on warrantee

20. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

macOS 10.14.1 is now available to download. Other than Group FaceTime and many new emoji, it's the first in a long time that I'm *really* looking forward to bug fixes. I'm a hopeless romantic; incessantly hoping that Mojave is the promised OS. :LOL:

Oof... It's time to line up everyone and begin updating. What a start to my day.

#120 Edelheid, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018