Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft is now out!

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by splukutum, Apr 17, 2014.

1. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Classic packs, as indicated in-game, are ideal for Hearthstone beginners. If you've played the game long enough (like me, who's been playing since beta), sawa ka na sa classic packs. ;) G&G packs have more interesting death rattles and battlecries and can usually* give you an edge over classic decks.

*(Note that I said "usually" because I've had my ass handed to me many times already by someone with classic cards. After all, it's still a card game so luck is a major factor.)

Classic packs are still worth getting, though, because they do have some powerful cards. But to really up your firepower, you'll definitely need the G&G. More so if you also get the Naxxramas and Black Rock cards

2. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm still a beginner haha

3. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

mage is overpower in this week's tavern brawl rules

4. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

^ You're right. I used Mage, loaded up on spell cards, and it was almost unfair. :)

5. funcityboy

funcityboy Active Member

new expansion next month!

6. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

Yup. It's called "The Grand Tournament". And starting next week (most likely after the current season/month ends), a special pre-order kit will be available for those willing to part with $49.99. While you would normally get 40 card packs for the same amount, you'll get 50 card packs for this (total of 250 cards, with a special card back).

funcityboy likes this.