Game Progress Sync on 2 Devices

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by msgt16, Nov 24, 2013.

1. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Hello! I can't find a thread similar to my concern but if there already is one, kindly merge it with that.

Anyway, is there a way to sync game progress between two devices? I have an iPod Touch and iPad Air. Say I'm playing Asphalt 8/PvZ 2 on my iPod and have finished certain levels. Is it possible that my progress will be reflected on the iPad? Just like Candy Crush, which have servers that save your progress.

Thanks!

2. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

Pvz2 does this, i used to play back and forth with my iphone and ipad. I'm not sure about asphalt 8.

3. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Hi! I just want to revisit this thread. I wanted to transfer my Sniper 3D's game saves from iPod going to iPhone but I can't seem to find any solution. I don't want to replay the game on my phone. I want to continue the progress I've made in my iPod. Thanks!

4. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

In my experience, iOS' Game Center takes care of this. If the game has a Game Center feature (to showcase achievements and leaderboards), there's a good chance the game will be synced across your devices, provided said devices have the same Apple ID and Game Center ID.

5. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Hello, johannes. Yes, the game has a Game Center option. It even welcomes my Game Center ID when I play in the new device. However, the game still starts from the beginning. Also, the file size of the app increases as the game progresses. The app size on my iPod is now 1.2GB, while on my phone it's still 128MB. Anyway, I've seeked help from the developers. Still waiting for their reply. :)