CryptoCurrency: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero etc.

Discussion in 'General OT' started by Leon21, Feb 4, 2017.

1. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

True, except the founder built something, and created jobs for many.

Money-chasers never have and and never will impress me. I'd take a passionate artist or compassionate monk any day. Or a hottie. :)

lsalapare, kyubi and kutsaratinidor like this.
  2. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Then you're participating in the wrong thread. :)

I only mention Jollibee to give context what $3.6 billion is like within the Philippines as very few can wrap their minds about that magnitude of wealth.

I even did a computation on putting $13,000 into bitcoin back then rather than into 1 camera lens. This would be between P3.9-4 trillion. That is more than 2018 Philippine national budget or 1/3rd of China's 2017 military budget.

#102 yoh_hectic, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    sandybridge_guy likes this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^On hindsight, I wouldn't even make being a manager at Jollibee considering that hack just wiped out my $110.35 (so much for investing on a Php250,000 rig)...

Not until NiceHash returns those bitcoins to us who only dreamt of building an empire in the skies, then settling down on government money remains our current reality...

4. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Sold my 8-gpu rig I built for $3500 for $5000cad :D

That's better than BTC's >20% increase in a day!

hitme64 and yoh_hectic like this.
  5. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

You can buy Bitcoin on Lazada now. LOL

6. jmrtlara

jmrtlara Member

Anyone playing Ripple ($XRP)? :)

reclamation likes this.
  7. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

So now I'm unofficially in the build-and-sell business having sold my 3 rigs.

I put up an ad to gauge if someone will be interested - turns out lots of people want their slice of the cake too!

I'm building two 8-gpu rigs for couple guys to be delivered on Jan 2.

$1000 profit for each rig.(y)

rbenzon and Theus like this.
  8. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

9. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

My Pennycoin portfolio is just 3 weeks "old" now - but already 5x higher than I bought.

[​IMG]

donsiapno likes this.
  10. ramil

ramil Active Member

Nice! What exchange are you using to buy/sell those coins?

dasaint likes this.
  11. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

I bought them on hitbtc.com - but its a bit tricky there - performance problems and somedays they do maintanace and trading isnt possible.But I was able to withdraw my 10.000 Verge to my Nano-S - so hitbtc.com might be a bit tricky sometimes but it works - just be patient.

12. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

Joined the cryptocurrency trade today via eToro. Bought XRP. I hope I'm not yet too late.

13. reclamation

reclamation Member

Present #tothemoon

14. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

What platform are you guys using?

15. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

I use HitBTC.com and Yobit.net to buy - BUT BEWARE - both exchanges are tricky - actually most of my coins are still on these exchanges as they try to net let you withdraw your coins - also unfortunately most coins you cant buy anywhere else :-(
    So actually as I only bought small amounts (in cash) of all coins its not too bad - but after you buy you have to closly check every day if the fees they take are lowered and maybe a coin if out of "maintanace" and then withdraw directly to save your coins !

After now 1 month I bought more coins last 3 days - and just look at the percentage value that shows the increase over the last 30 days - a bigger portfolio works - and I was good with the coins I bought !

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34601373/Bildschirmfoto2018-01-06um08.50.24.jpg.html

16. ramil

ramil Active Member

I signed up for Binance.com, and it is working well so far. It offers a lot more coins than the other exchanges that I am using. I agree that expanding your portfolio works for now. Trading small cap (i.e., high reward, high risk) coins also helps in diversifying your investment.

You may use my referral link when you decide to sign up - https://www.binance.com/?ref=19136921

17. reclamation

reclamation Member

Philmug Miners, any recommended shops or supplier of GPU?

Most of the shops in GILMORE is out of stock

I need 10pcs GTX 1070 ti, I preferred Zotac or Gigabyte,

Thank you

18. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

After trading about 2 month now I wouldnt recommend YoBit and HitBTC anymore.
    Both exchanges have many drawbacks
    - Some coins they trade have very high withdrawel fees that easiely can make up to 10% of your total coins
    - if you want to withdraw they have those coins suddenly "under maintanance" and you are blocked from trading
    - some coins they trade but dont sync with the relevant blockchain - so your coins are stuck in the exchange ...

If you have coins on one of these exchanges try getting them off.

I did this with many of my coins on both exchanges - I could sell them at the market and on hitbtc I got USDT (Tether) for them.
    HitBTC is a bit tricky - with my USDT I bouth ETH and did a first withdraw that worked. But just 15 minutes later my 2nd withdraw wasnt possible "under maintanace" - LOL - so I looked thru all coins they offer and changed my ETH into ETC - and then withdrawed my ETC ...

I also found a interesting coin to trade ZEIT Coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.0
    It has a very active community - but still is very cheap - because actually you can trade it only on 3 exchanges alcurex - SouthXchange and TradeSatoshi
    I bought on SouthXchange - based in Argentina - and there you now can also directly buy ZEIT with US$ !

All the coins I now have have own PC wallets - I dont like coins being held in an exchange - thats why I focussed also on ZEIT as it has a wallet.
    Just buy and then withdraw to your wallet - initial sync can take 1-2 days but thats normal.

glennba27 and Theus like this.
  19. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Boxing Legend and Philippine Senator Manny Pacquiao to Launch PAC Coin | Cryptovest

20. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..ask him to explain cryptocurrency and blockchains and I bet you he won’t make it past a third complete sentence.

I m sorry to say but people selling financial products need to be financially literate (above average). If he himself fails that test, why is he even lending his name? Buyers beware....