Any suggestion to stay for 4 in Baguio or Tagaytay?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by DON2003, Jan 4, 2018.

1. DON2003

DON2003 PhilMUG Addict Member

planning a short 1 or 2 nights trip to relax and food trip in a cool place before kids back to school.

any good suggestions for either Baguio or Tagaytay? if Baguio might just take the bus (I think its 750 pesos per pax per trip), don’t capable of long drive already,

pls share and if possible price too to spend, thanks in advance

2. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

In Baguio, Casa Vallejo is at the top of Session Road, and gives that old Baguio feel.
    There may be nice airbnb options for both cities too.

3. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

Crosswinds or
    [​IMG]

Kasa Luntian in Tagaytay

[​IMG]

Both have kitchens so you can cook your own food (y)

#3 Cmmig, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    hitme64 likes this.
  4. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

if only four, I suggest Forest Lodge at CJH, if budget is not an issue then try The Manor.

5. l7224

l7224 Active Member

You might want to check the deals at Deal Grocer. They offer accommodation for a number of hotels here.

6. DON2003

we do stay at Casa Vallejo last year when in Baguio, We all love the breakfast, so tasty,
    but their rate now is too high 4000+ for a fan room and without breakfast, too much compared to last year 3200 with 4 breakfast already.

7. DON2003

plan to try it too, they don’t have any promo like last year which is so cheap when we in CJH, where to book kaya for it?

8. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

It’s a veritable booking chaos in Baguio right now but I suggest Newtown Plaza Hotel right in front of the Botanical Garden. Close to Wright Park, Mines View, Pink Sisters and restos.

9. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

A cheaper option in Baguio would be Golden Pines @ 2500 per day. It’s quite old but their room with two twin beds can probably accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids. It’s walking distance from Burnham and Good Taste ( if you prefer a cheaper restaurant).

10. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

I dont stay in Baguio anymore. My usual travel itinerary when i want to feel Baguio breeze is just stay at Thunderbird Resort in Poro Point, San Fernando La Union. Then go up Baguio early morning. The Resort has regular shuttle up Baguio. Then towards noontime when its already hot, go down na and avoid the traffic havoc up Baguio. HTH.

potpot2 likes this.
  11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....nice but Thunderbird is 8k plus plus per night...and 1 1/2 hours away from Baguio. :confused:

That’s mahal and malayo. Reason most of us Metro Manilans who go up is to minimize driving time while enjoying the fine weather. . Baguio traffic can be bad but it is not as bad as Edsa.

#11 raypin, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  12. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

I can only feel baguio breeze in Camp John Hay so everytime I go to Baguio, I just stay in any hotel in CJH.

By the way, I got received a text from Forest Lodge this afternoon. You may want to try and see if there's still available room

13. DON2003

Will just drive myself to Tagaytay na lang, driver wont come in on weekend, ayaw mag stay 2 night with us even with pay, hay hirap maghanap ng driver nowadays, but understand he also has family to attend to,
    I don’t drive lately for long trips, even 2 hrs drive hurts my back,

may I ask what is the best route to take to Tagaytay? according to waze exit Carmona, according to Google maps exit Sta. Rosa, some said better take Eton (is it the next exit just after Sta. Rosa?) pls comment,

before we still addicted to golfing, we familiar with all the shortcuts to Cavite but now the roads change a lot and now as straight forward as before na rin, also worse is there's no any road sign to guide you back to the right route,

14. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I'd take the Eton exit which comes after Sta Rosa, then rejoin the main road after the mall. Waze should show you the way

15. DON2003

thanks, so I just take the next exit right after Sta Rosa exit then let waze leads me to Tagaytay na lang, correct? where should I buy some drinks and probably some bbq meats? I remember there is SM, Robinson and like theres a new Ayala? which is best place to get some stuffs?
    ty again

16. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

eag is right - Eton is usually the best way. But check Waze also if Carmona is significantly faster, sometimes traffic approaching Nuvali up to the road up to Tagaytay is really bad if you use the Sta Rosa route

17. mcarlos223

mcarlos223 Member

We usually get our stuff at s&r nuvali before going up.

18. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

19. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

You might want to check out the policy of Greenfield/ETON first because a lot are saying that they are now restricting access to those with valid stickers. Those who don't have them are no longer allowed to pass by that route going to Tagaytay.

bugs likes this.
  20. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for this. Will be gong to Tagaytay next month. If that's the case, then take Sta. Rosa exit na lang?