AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. babybear

babybear Member

Wow I really can't believe how exotic this AirPods are. They are even sold out here in Hong Kong. Oh well, I give up and finally decided to just place my order online. Delivery date is end of March but I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be delivered earlier.

2. Philmuger

Philmuger Member

Been experiencing choppy bluetooth signal I wonder if this is an iPhone 7 Plus problem...

3. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Can you describe the situation or scenario when you experience that choppy connection?

I noticed that when I go out for a walk or a run, and my phone is in my pocket, that's when the connection of my AirPods to iPhone becomes intermittent. I don't think the distance between my thigh (where the pocket is situated) and my ear is that far. However, I'm not having that issue even when I'm a few feet away from my phone while it's on a desk, etc.

4. rwnjne

rwnjne New Member

When ordering via the Apple website, will there be an additional fee (customs fee, tax, etc)? If so, do you guys know how much?

5. devmq

devmq New Member

Anyone has some dirt along the seam of the earpiece?

6. Philmuger

Philmuger Member

It happens when I'm walking around crowded areas? It comes and goes. It shouldn't happen at all actually. Never experienced this with the 6 plus.

7. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

Last time I ordered (which was a couple of years ago), they deliver straight to your address. No more fees whatsoever

8. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

Yep. I just wipe my pair with a damp paper towel once in a while, but there's already a visible dark line where the seams are where dirt has accumulated already

devmq likes this.
  9. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^just use a thin piece of paper bro to clean it off that's what i did

devmq and arkaell like this.
  10. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

I washed both my AirPods and case with dishwashing liquid and damp hand towel to clean smudges off :) but I won't recommend that.

11. mr.butch

mr.butch Active Member

I took my AirPods for a run yesterday morning. It worked fine. On my way to the office, however, only one piece alternately connects to my phone. If the left is working, the right one is not connected. I tried unpairing and pairing several times but the problem persisted. And today, aside from that problem, the connection drops within a minute. :(

12. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Happened to me once. what I did was put both my airpods back to their case, close the lid, re-open and both were paired again.

The connection dropping issue was fixed when I upgraded to iOS10.3 (beta). No probs since then.

13. ramil

ramil Active Member

14. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

15. mr.butch

mr.butch Active Member

Thanks. I'll try this suggestion. I hope it's not a hardware problem because I experienced the same when I paired it with an android phone.

16. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Planning to buy new BT headset but wondering if AirPods is really good in terms of its sound quality. I like the bassy feel on other BT headsets, how does this AirPods produce bass?

17. devmq

devmq New Member

18. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

What's your current bluetooth earphones? Before the airpods i had the jaybird bluebuds x2 and in terms of overall quality i'd say the x2 is better but not by much, considering that the x2 is one of the highly regarded bluetooth headsets (in-ear) out there, i think it says a lot about the airpods' sq. Its not by any means audiophile grade but in terms of bluetooth headsets (not headphones) they are above average in my opinion

19. mr.butch

mr.butch Active Member

Wow! It worked! Thanks a lot!

20. devmq

devmq New Member

Ok so I finally had to use the find my AirPods in real use case.

Last night in my hotel room, I fell asleep with my AirPods on my ear. Then when I woke up about 4am, they're no longer in my ear. I boot up the find my iPhone up, triggers play sound on my AirPods, it is really helpful, sound is loud enough for me to find them.

Found them under my pillow and in the floor.