Yahoo Messenger 3.0 Beta 3 (98855) Problem

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by sean_4c, May 22, 2008.

1. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

Hi guys I need you help!! I've been trying to resolve this issue since last week but to no success. I can never sign in using this version. I'm getting this message "The application could not connect to the messenger servers. the servers maybe busy, please try again".

I have tried disabling all my firewall settings but still can't solve the issue. I am able to login if I use an older version but not with this new one. anybody got a patch or a working version? help!!!!!!!!!!

2. ailes

ailes Active Member

what OS do you have

3. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

Browser: Safari 3.1.1 (5525.18)

4. ailes

ailes Active Member

unistall YM beta and then run Disk Utility... verify and repair permissions... download and reinstall YM beta..

5. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

i tried your suggestion but still the same problem :(

6. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

go to YahooIM's webpage and change the password of your account. relaunch YahooIM, then try logging in with your new password

#6 booblanco, May 22, 2008
    Last edited: May 22, 2008
  7. kulapooh

kulapooh Member

same with me im using OS 10.3:(

8. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

i have tried several usernames with this messenger but still no success.. any other suggestions? any patches you know? please give me a link. tried to google this issue but it seems yahoo ignores this problem

9. XyNo

XyNo Member

I think this is ISP related problem and the new build issue. What's your service provider?

In my case whenever I'm on a SingNet network I get this error but don't experience this problem when I'm on a StarHub network.

Other friends of using Mac & SingNet have this problem as well.

So my temporary solution is to use webmessenger instead. The older YM version could let you connect as well.

10. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

i guess its ISP problem. you are correct. my ISP is Singnet

11. XyNo

XyNo Member

Ah so you're in Singapore as well. Switch to Starhub then hehehe :)

12. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

Yep, Singapore.

hmmm, im currently happy with my connection speed. my connection speed is 10mbps and sometimes when check speedtest i could even reach 11mbps.

I will call singnet tech support this afternoon maybe they can help I HOPE. but not expecting too much from them.. lol!

13. XyNo

XyNo Member

Well, at home I usually have about 8-10 mbps using StarHub.

Anyway, I hope YM engineers would look more into this. Perhaps SingNet will try to configure ports as well.

14. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

i talked to singnet. they provided me settings for their proxy. also i've talked to modem manufacturer. they will be sending me an email for possible troubleshooting. i'm still at work unfortunately. can't wait to try the new settings. if ever that will be resolved then i will be glad to share the solution here.. tnx to everyone for all the suggestions and tips!!

15. XyNo

XyNo Member

Yes, please share the solution here for I have to tell all my Mac convert friends about this so that they'll be happy with YM on Mac again :)

16. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

Sean, i guess Naina has the same problem 2 days ago when she consulted me. We also tried everything. Seems that singtel ang YM has problems.

I asked her to download Adium, and she got it to work.

I guess that's a temporary solution, so that you could log-in.

Besides, you might find adium a bit better that ym. hehehe

17. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

tried to call Singnet again today, when i was talking to the tech, guess what happened?? ran out of credit LOL!! i'll call again tommorow. As soon as i figure it out, i'll be happy to share it here. chilax muna guys!

18. ihsahn

ihsahn New Member

I agree with ice_man, Adium is a WAY better YM client. YM client seems to crash too frequently also.

19. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

i see your point but i have to use YM. Does adium have voice chat? The reason that I wanted to use YM is that I could use voice chat with my girlfriend in the Philippines. Although I had thoughts of changing to another messenger program, but the thing here is that i have to show her how to use another messenger program which is very difficult in our situation.

Oh one more thing, i googled admium and does not have the webcam support either. this is not very convincing.

If i wish I could figure out a solution for this ASAP. :(

#19 sean_4c, May 23, 2008
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
  20. XyNo

XyNo Member

go to a nearest [email protected] hotspot that is run by Qmax or iCell Wireless and not by SingNet whenever you need to do voice chat with your GF.

Or perhaps, use Skype then (better sound & vid quality for me)