XBox now just $149!

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by Lester, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Lester

Lester Guest

Does that mean the second generation XBoxes with the G5 chips are on the way?

2. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Not really, it just means that they want to stimulate the market and get more buyers to consider getting an Xbox. We'll probably see the price drop to $99 before the Xbox 2 (or whatever they end up calling it) ships. I love my Xbox :)

3. pipoyg

pipoyg Member

I hope PatrickGaerlan's prediction comes true. A $99 purchase price for the XBox will be an offer I couldn't resist.

I love the xbox's graphics and I don't mind the limited number of games since what they have is already enough.

4. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm guessing MS will be releasing the next Xbox sometime in the 2nd half of next year.

Pipoyg, that would be a great price, wouldn't it? Don't worry, there are lots of quality games for the XBox, check out Gamespot Xbox. Even though they're actually pretty conservative with their Xbox reviews, 4 out of the 10 Top Rated Games are for the Xbox (4 are PC, 2 are PS2).

I think thread has to be moved to the Gadgets section since it's actually not Mac games we're talking about ;)

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by PatrickGaerlan]

5. ncarandang

ncarandang Active Member

Here in Canada, the Xbox sells for 129 Canadian dollars. Around 99 American dollars. They just dropped the price a few days ago.

6. mykmarinas

mykmarinas Member

Hi ncarandang, does the store there in canada have a website so i can order mine? Comparing to its price to pesos, its roughly 5,500+ plus shipping. Its a great deal for me. Thanks.

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by mykmarinas]

7. hi im interested with that also....09212102597..i need XBOX 100pcs

8. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Hi Angela, this thread is over 3 years old and was written prior to the release of the Xbox 360!