Xbox 360 User Club

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by King, Jul 19, 2007.

1. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

If you got one just say so! Lets talk all good things about this PowerPC menace!

2. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

GoW! Dirt! Forza2! PGR3! Halo2!

Upcoming: CoD4! GoW2! Halo3!
    Caveat: 3RL!

3. Byerly

Byerly Member

I'm hooked on Forza2 and Transformers at the moment. :)

4. johnamon

johnamon Member

got one for the kids at the office. we're still all hooked on nba 2k7 at the moment. now if i can only make them stop playing and work again....

5. ditoy_eagle

ditoy_eagle Well-Known Member

Xbox 360 Elite user here! Favorite games Gears of War, Forza 2, Lost Planet, Call of Duty 2-3, NBA 2k7, Ghost Recon. Looking forward to Halo 3 and NBA 2K8!!!

Those experiencing 3RL's, people from pinoyxbox can fix them and offer up to 1 year warranty! So rejoice xbox 360 users :)

#5 ditoy_eagle, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  6. johnamon

johnamon Member

hi ditoy. what's a 3RL?

7. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

The dreaded 3 Red Lights of Death error ... some forums report that Xbox 360s have a failure rate of as high as 30 percent. (I personally am on my second unit, but this one's lasted me about a year)

Am currently hooked on Forza 2 and DiRT. Anyone else here using the Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel?

8. ditoy_eagle

Good you haven't experienced it johnamon!

"3RL = 3 Red Lights" is a problem that plagues a lot of Xbox 360 units. It happens when the console gets overheated, freezes up the system. Most units can play again after unplug-plugging it back or letting it cool down a bit. Some don't recover at all. Cooling devices, blankets, etc have been used to treat the problem, just google "xbox 3rl" and you wlil see a lot of info about it.

Here in our hot country, this problem is worse. Best to sign up with www.pinoyxbox.com. This service is a solution to the problem. Some users have experienced good results, and with up to 1 year service warranty, this is definitely a worthy investment.

9. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

my 360's 3RL was fixed by the guy from pinoyxbox. what a RELIEF.

10. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Gamertag: Josefus77

Guitar Hero II, GOW, NBA 2K7, Splinter Cell Double Agent, DOA, Spiderman 3. havent experiencede 3RL and my console is already 8 months old. Good thing they extend the warranty to 3 yrs. :)

11. johnamon

johnamon Member

oh! those red lights! yeah, the guy i got it from told me not to overplay. that's why i've imposed a 3 game limit at a time for our office 2k7. sige, ill look that service up. might as well be sure. thanks again.

salamat din vic for the reply.

12. brain1976

brain1976 Member

Gamertag: brain1976

I'm on my second console right now. My first one lasted for a year. I didn't get the 3RL but the disc read error. I got my console at EB games and I brought it with me when I went back to the US and got a new console and another year warranty.

Weird thing is I'm always online. I play FFXI Online and overheating has not been a problem for me.

Favorite games: FFXI, GoW, Viva Pinata, Forza 2 (i'm afraid to run it anymore after the massive 3RL reports),

13. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Will the 3-year extension warranty apply to the Xbox 360 units bought locally? And are there any indications that the 360 Elites and more reliable than the regular ones?

14. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

They say the track on Forza2 that seems to lead to a 3RL is Road America. Just to be sure, I've decided to save those particular races, challenges and time trials for later!

15. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Was dusting off my camera in preparation for tomorrow's UAAP game and decided to test it by snapping a pic of my Xbox wheel so I could upload it to this forum. It's really a great peripheral for those of you that are into Forza2 and DiRT - I highly recommend it.

[​IMG]

#15 vicicasas, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  16. ditoy_eagle

Wow that's nice Vic!

17. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

vic the lens distortion made your 16:9 LCD TV into a 4:3 LCD TV :)

18. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

LOL @ tweek - you're right!

One nice thing about the Microsoft wireless wheel is that you can put it pretty far from the TV if you want to without having an ugly wire running across the room.

19. jsaure

jsaure Member

Anyone tried the BioShock demo? Unbelievable... I preordered right after playing through.

[​IMG]

20. the_butcher

the_butcher Member

where can i get an xbox 360 locally (at a decent price) and still have a good after sales service?

ive heard from some people that the new premium packaged xbox 360 are free from the 3RL? is this true? and do i have to modify the xbox still?

tia