x11 2.3.2/2.3.0/2.2.0

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by cmclim, Jul 26, 2009.

1. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

hi can anybody tell me were i can download an update for my X11. i actually need the ff. updates 2.3.2 / 2.3.0/ 2.2.0 any of the three. the actual site is down and can't be accessed i need this updates so that gimp will work properly..many thanks..if you have this updates care to share?

2. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

I use the Appfresh application to keep my Installed Applications up to date and occasionally I get a notice of an X11 update. It scans my current Apps and checks to see if there are updates. I just click on the Download Update button and it downloads it.

I'm not sure if it downloads it from the same servers, but it's worth trying.

An alternative is the Versiontracker website and the MacUpate website and search for it there. Again, if they link to the same servers it might not work, but they may have a local copy on their servers that you can get. So try those as well.

3. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

will try appfresh..tried the said site al they have is the 2.3.3 version w/c does not work well with gimp..and another question a little OT..about the OSX 10.5.7 server update..if i already updated to 10.5.7 using the combo does that include the server update?

4. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@cmclim: Are you running OSX Server?

5. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

6. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

thats exactly what im looking for..many thanks..

7. sabela

sabela Member

hi, total noob here :) the search function brought me to this thread because i have a question regarding x11.

i downloaded gimp 2.6.7 and i haven't installed it yet because i've been reading that i have to install x11 before i can use gimp (i'm using leopard)... i'm not a techie person and i just want to know what exactly x11 is -- what does it do, what is it for, why do i need it to run gimp? if i install it, will it cause any instability in the system?