World of Warcraft : Players in manila Q's

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by cubix, Mar 3, 2005.

1. cubix

cubix Member

World of Warcraft : Players in manila Q\'s

Hi guys, I know there's an existing thread about the game World of Warcraft but I just need to clarify some few things about this game.

I just bought my copy of the game two days ago at data blitz. So excitedly hurried home to test drive the game everyone is crazy about.(The thread in the website is proves it) I installed the program with no problems and when I was ready to start it says I have to setup a user account to play the game.
    So I followed all instructions, followed this link and that and I found myself in the Blizzard website asking for my identification. As per previous thread I need to input a US,CAN,AUS postal address and issued credit card.

I have a friend in New york and was able to convince him to lend me some of his crtitical personal informations.( the postal address and his US issued credit card) to get an account and activate this "game".

Now my main concern is, How do i make sure my friend's credit card won't be billed by blizzard? I hear that local suppliers like data blitz sells "pre-paid cards" so that the credit card won't have to be billed. How does this work?

Anyone can advice me on this ? Thanks in advance.

2. Dave_D

Dave_D Active Member

Yes... my brother uses AUSsie WOW prepaid cards.

You have to select the Australian servers when playing.

3. hoho

hoho Member

Dave, which brother? Bobet?? :D

BTW, I know for sure that Vic anc Cyn use prepaid cards for their WoW accounts. They're both on the Lightbringer realm, with a lot of the MUGgers...

H

[Edited on 3-3-2005 by hoho]

4. jayveef

jayveef Member

prepaid cards will "push back" the billing date by xxx number of months so if you buy 3 months of prepaid cards, your bill will be moved by three months.

datablitz sells these prepaid cards for P2000 for 2 months. they roughly make around 400 pesos profit.

maybe someone in the states would like to do a bulk order for the local WOW players here? :D (i.e. cheaper?)

5. Dave_D

Dave_D Active Member

Hoho,

no... si TJ... Bobet never played any computer game. TJ, Mikey and Xandro co-own GameFrog, an MMORPG gaming cafe in Metrowalk.