world of warcraft - need help

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ksl0588, Dec 17, 2008.

1. ksl0588

ksl0588 Member

hey guys, im currently playing world of warcraft on my MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (1 GB 667 MHz RAM). I am not good with computers that is why I want to ask help from this forum (which I hope you guys will do :) ). Anyways, while playing the game, I noticed that it runs quite slow especially when I am near players or when I kill monsters or something. Also, during the loading screen of my game, i also noticed that it takes a while for it to load (sometimes even more than a minute), while other players who use mac dont really have this kind of problem like I do. So, is there any way I can fix this problem? My game's settings are already low, like resolution and those effects so that the game will run smoothly, but it still is quite slow. Do I have to configure any other settings? or should I upgrade my laptop? Hope you guys can help me, thanks! :)

2. rycua

rycua Member

MacBook Pro with only 1GB RAM?
    there's the culprit...

3. Blizter_Soup

Blizter_Soup New Member

Try running the game with a lower resolution. Hanapin nyo lang sa Options ng game mismo. It helps. (installed the trial version of the game on my sister's iMac that also had 1GB of RAM)

In the end, you'll end up having to sacrifice graphics quality for smoother gameplay. If the game still runs like crap, then I guess you'd have no choice but to juice up yer RAM, pare heheh

4. randz

randz Guest

What I did with my older intel iMac was to install xp on bootcamp. Higher fps even with the video settings maxed. Fps was higher compared to another non-apple intel-based pc running xp with same specs.