Work From Home / Remote Work

Discussion in 'General OT' started by caffelatte, Apr 13, 2020.

1. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I even have a WFH hack for that - I just pump my arms while seated. "You Did It!" my Apple Watch says, to congratulate me.

#21 SE20, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    greta87 and hitme64 like this.
  2. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

Yep... and they threw in a couple of pillows too :)

hitme64 likes this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Work from home ba?
    1A6670E9-5DD9-4C51-8E19-6C11FCCA8184.jpeg

And wasn’t Makati supposed to be on strict ECQ? :mad:

4. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Naku, delikado yan: Chickpoint!!!

Godfather, Juice, greta87 and 7 others like this.
  5. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone recommend a nice headset / headphone that:
    • can last a full day of calls
    • doesn't make you look like a DJ but audio still good
    • preferably without a boom / mouthpiece but people can still hear you well
    I don't care if it's wired.

6. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

A good, wired IEM such as the Sennheiser Momentum IEM’s, fits your requirement. Been using mine for almost 4 years now for conference calls (even for calls I moderate). I prefer them over my Sony WF 1000XM3, Lypertek Tevi and our gaming headset Corsair VOID RGB Elite.

7. SE20

For that application, I'd get a Bose QC 35 II. Comfy, light, long-lasting battery, wireless (but can be wired), good mic, and (though not specified) noise-cancellling. Though as you might infer, I'll look for a slight excuse to get one.

8. caffelatte

caffelatte Active Member

any bose headset with bluetooth or their noise cancelling. i tried their old unit with battery pa... FTW din. bose is the most comfortable i tried for long / office use.

i use WF1000XM3 or jabra 65t. if wired, default apple earpods because it the volume control works...

9. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I decided to get the Jaybird Tarah Pro. I read somewhere that it would be great idea to actually use a headset built for marathons for, well, marathon calls. It's wireless but lasts all day long. My typical day is 10 hours of calls within maybe 4 breaks in between. At the end of the day, I'd still have 30% left battery. Pretty impressive.

My audio is not that great, as expected (I hear comments from time to time that they could not hear me quite well). But not terribly bad, actually, compared to, say, the white earbuds from Apple. One silver lining from this pandemic is that most people would understand why you'd have crappy audio on the get-go. But podcasts and music sound good. It has an app as well that can allow you to customize your EQ settings.

And I used to run marathons and plan to do go back to the habit after this god-awful-pandemic anyway. So.

10. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

Try Lazada. Just ask when they can deliver if you find what you want.

alvin314159 likes this.
  11. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

^+1.... their official Lazada Store (Playbook) is still active and operational these days.

alvin314159 likes this.
  12. hitme64

Nespresso’s customer service agents are on WFH so it gets quite frustrating to order your favorite coffee capsules on-line, and when you do, are given 5-7 days before their delivery. Clearly this WFH scheme is the new norm and while it’s been an up-and-down affair dealing with WFH personnel, it also sums up moments of levity when everyone else can’t do much but wait and wait and wait.

Fortunately, my favorite coffee store may be opening soon for delivery and pickup. Been missing that corner spot where I watch the mornings go by sipping coffee and eating muffins. Nowadays, it’s the garage with the dogs, while I get to smell the pungent fumes of dog shit while eating boiled saba or kamote.

Theus likes this.
  13. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

^had to wait 6 days for our order of new barista creations (Cocoa truffle, creme brûlée & eclair). Was supposed to come with a free view recipe glass, but only the pods were delivered.

We’re stocked up with 20 sleeves. Should be good to keep me awake during conference calls (y)

hitme64 and SE20 like this.
  14. SE20

Yeah, we need a lot of sleeves! When I bought two separate acrylic storage boxes from them, my wife said why did I need two. Now they're filled. I find it quite easy to order these days, though I need to meet them at the village gate.

hitme64 and Theus like this.
  15. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I had a Zoom meeting that lasted 3 hours on a fully charged 13 MacBook Pro with 9 percent left. I didn't realize the time until I checked the battery, which was impressive. Anyway, I decided to have a garden background behind me. My driver who was watering the plants entered the picture and started scratching his butt inside his shorts ,not knowing I was behind him. It was hilarious cause everyone on the screen saw it but nobody mentioned it. I can see smiles but no comments. Next time, painting nalang background :ROFLMAO:.

SE20, Mykolant, Godfather and 2 others like this.
  16. hitme64

^You do it next time @Juice and you’ll be the talk of Zoom-town :LOL: Might even get viral status. Something to look forward to until May 15 ;)

Mykolant, Godfather and Juice like this.
  17. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Has anyone tried to order any non-essential products from Lazada or Shopee since the ECQ began? How was it? Are they still capable of delivering orders?

18. 31gna

31gna Active Member

Got mine delivered. Ordered a hair clipper (hmmm might be essential now), mosquito swatter, some baking stuff (flour, trays, etc), and all got delivered. Check with the seller to be sure. I asked first if they they deliver and dont have a problem in doing so.

Godfather, hitme64 and Theus like this.
  19. hitme64

^Shoes, and sneakers, or clothing apparels especially from known sports companies are suspended from delivery so far. Adidas has held my sneaker order due March 17 until this day, because they consider it non-essential items. And so with Under Armour. However, I actually received some clothing from a website through Lazada so I am actually confused of the difference. My son also received his package from Shopee which were boxer shorts, which in many terms I consider essential items by the way.

Godfather likes this.
  20. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Mine wasn't really essential, only did it as an excuse for WFH since my team has been authorized for permanent remote work anyway. Basically I converted my home office into a full-on streaming setup. :D Built a new PC, got another monitor, a DSLR and some lights, the whole shebang. Took video conferencing to a whole new level... well, at least for my off-shore colleagues; they were impressed.

Lazada was utterly hopeless for what I was looking for, but Shopee got me most of the stuff. Just made sure the stores were either from Shopee Mall or Preferred, and had GrabExpress as a shipping option for quick delivery. J&T Express as another option seems to be good as well (relatively), only had an additional day of delay.

lsalapare, hitme64 and Godfather like this.