Wireless Earphones

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ice, Jan 6, 2016.

1. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

The Jaybird Bluebuds X are technically still "BT Earphones" as described in your earlier post.

You should have mentioned it in the context of Truly Wireless Earbuds.

Regardless, all the more reason to not go "truly" wireless if battery longevity is the main concern. At least not yet.

#141 max_Moon, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I agree, those are "BT Earphones"

My only reason for pointing it out is that we can't compare the battery life/longetivity of those earphones to "Truly Wireless Earphones" as based on everyone's experience, wired ones have a longer lifespan.

3. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Taking my experience with the nifty wired Sennheiser CX300 II, which was succeeded by CX100, it all boils down to after sales service and warranty coverage. Even wired products have flaws. The best part was when the item breaks, let's say on the 11th month, all I have to do is to visit the service center to get a new replacement (after standard checks, of course). Because the warranty offers that 24-month peace of mind, I could readily anticipate a faulty device again before the warranty expires thereby prolonging the usage instead of a new (unnecessary) purchase. This, i thought, made me realize that I paid a high price not on the product alone but also for the warranty. The only difference with Bose is that the price tag is ridiculously high and you only get a warranty of 12 months with a battery life that becomes unreliable after that.

4. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

Beats Flex any good?

Choosing between the Beats and Soundmagic E11Bt

5. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

I’m thinking about the Flex too. It has something no other earbuds has at that price point. Though at the same time, it’s not totally wireless. It’s just going to be for home use anyway- like watching videos before falling asleep or taking calls.

Aside from the Flex, what else is good for Php3k out there?

6. ivin

ivin Active Member

anyone can recommend a good pair of wireless buds that has good multidevice support? android and switching on ios?

7. Ayel

Ayel New Member

What's the best neckband earphones for video calls? I'm a lecturer who frequently records lectures and does video calls due to the nature of my work.

8. Ayel

Ayel New Member

What's the best neckband earphones for video calls? I'm a lecturer who frequently records lectures and does video calls due to the nature of my work.

9. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

Been playing around with ‘cheap’ Bluetooth wireless earbuds lately.....

1. FIIL Lite - love the sound, love the fit, it’s just too china-centric probably for mainlanders’ consumption. Doesn’t even have English prompts nor works with their Global app. The sound is so immersive that it’s dangerous- wife might be calling me upstairs and I can’t hear her over YouTube lol

2. Soundpeats Truecapsule 2 - this one has a stem so I use it for calls. It’s slightly bigger both on the earpiece and case. It’s got English prompts, touch controls for volume, pause/play, siri, in-ear detection. Got it for a good price from a Php1k lazada lucky box in the Soundpeats store.

Not sure how long these will last but at a cost of Php1.5k at the most, I think I can write them off even after 12mos.

greta87, sabsar and potpot2 like this.
  10. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

11. ice

Sources: Google’s next wireless earbuds are the ‘Pixel Buds A’ | 9TO5 Google

12. ice

13. ice

14. ice

15. ice

16. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Finally ditched the AirPods Pro and bought a couple of Shure wireless buds. It’s like rediscovering music all over again. Music to my ears!

gaol and cybersniper like this.
  17. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

Which Shure model did you get?

18. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Shure Aonic 215 and Shure Aonic 5.

With the wireless adapters they look chunky and uncomfortable but surprisingly haven’t been annoying to wear. I’ve worn it out trail running without any problems. Sounds much better than the AirPods Pro with a much longer battery life. I also use it at work for DOXY calls, while working out at the gym.
    The Aonic 5 I use when I’m at home and want to ‘experience’ music and not just listen. Spacious, clean, crisp is how I would describe it…rather than just drowning you with bass.

I love that the earphones are detachable so one switch to a regular wired cable thus not rendering them useless when the wireless battery degrades over time.
    I’ve had to reach out to customer service twice for questions and both times they were prompt and helpful.

#158 xthine, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    MharDelaCruz likes this.
  19. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Coolest unboxing ever. ;);)