Wireless Earphones

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ice, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

wow... $350 for calls should be nice.

For my daughter's on-line classes I only purchased a Jabra Move which was on-sale at Amazon (S$88)

2. ice

I've totally forgotten about this brand.

Which reminds me, I should have a pair of their headphones somewhere :oops:

Grado's first true wireless earbuds promise the brand's 'signature sound' | Engadget

3. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Audio quality for the monitors and microphone are important to me.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....Anticipated over-ears from Apple may just be worth considering. While I am not expecting an audiophile-grade headphones from Apple, it may just be superior to Beats, the last headphones released by Apple/Beats. Will probably be aimed at the noise cancelling headphones from Sony and Bose.

5. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

From the reviews I've read and watched, Sony pips Bose in noise cancelling, but Bose handily beats Sony in microphone call quality--both in quiet and noisy environments.

If call quality is paramount, and the primary/only use case is for calls and videoconferencing (and not really for listening to music), you may also look into wireless offerings from Jabra (the Evolve line) and Plantronics/Poly (Voyager series).

6. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

If the reviews for the Beats Flex are good, I'm thinking of buying it for my sister which she'll be using for online classes and for media consumption. It's P2790 on the Apple Store PH. Easy pairing with her Apple devices because of the Apple W1 chip and not many mention this but from experience Beats lasts longer than the Airpods, like the battery degradation is minimal after a year and a half.

7. ice

are you sure about this? I'm getting tired of the 2 year AirPods cycle for my daughter.

8. kinse_44

Had Solo 3 wireless headphones before bought in 2017 and sold them this year. With light use l can still get more than a day or two of listening before charging. Now it could be because the Solo3's have larger batteries than the Airpods, and the Airpods have 2 batteries in them that's why one dies quickly than the other, but at least the Beats battery is still holding up after 3 years.

9. ice

^didn't notice you mentioned the Beats Flex.

Was considering of selling the idea to my daughter to use the Powerbeats Pro instead of the AirPods

As for the Beats Headphones, all of ours still has good battery life even after 2 years, only issue is the earpad cushions need replacement after year 2

10. kinse_44

That's true. The earpads look ugly after a couple of years. There are some replacement pads available that are cheap, just not sure if the quality is cheap too.

11. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

I bought the B&O H9i and it's marvelous. Yes the design was a key factor, but the sonic signature is lovely. Details and notes sparkle. It's also on sale. I bought mine at B&O Shang.

Attached Files:

12. ice

Sorry for the OT:

quality is ok. I've replaced a few in the past (wired headphones days) -> some pricier replacements are even way better, but the color can be a bit off (not a big deal for me, but very big for teenagers)

I also noticed that with the older beats, the pads can be replaced easily. Newer ones use an adhesive

13. ice

14. jmkerr12

jmkerr12 Member

this is really frustrating for me also. The battery life of airpods sucks making our airpods paperweight after 2 years or so.

I am in a market now for a wireless headphone. Sony 1000XM4 and Bose NC 700 are primarily the initial options; but most youtube reviews say that sound quality is really not the greatest for this price range. Any reco from anyone here?

15. ice

16. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 ftw. My older Bose Soundsport Free could no longer meet my needs as it only lasts 1.5 hours now after around 2 years of (non-daily) use. I failed to find options to have the battery replaced / fixed so it's good as a piece of stone. I've learned a lot of lessons owning the Bose with poor support services and warranty coverage for only 12 months. Senn offers great after sales services with 24 months warranty so if this breaks within this period, I'm confident that I could continue using this device for up to 4 years.
    IMG_1914-copy.jpg

17. ice

I haven't seen a pair of BT Earphones that would last for 3 years... Best lifespan is 2 years (if used everyday) then it's time to move to a new pair.

I think its really the maximum life of the internal batteries.

18. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

^ My bad, when I said 4 years, I was referring to using the same model with perhaps a very minimal number of service repairs/replacements in between. I should have known better before paying too much for that Bose BT with a short lifespan. If the batteries were only replaceable, I might have been using it patiently up to this point, despite the ridiculous form factor.

19. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

I bought the Jaybird Bluebuds X in 2015. It's still alive and well and I still get enough battery life to last me a at least a couple of morning exercise sessions.

20. ice

I believe those are "wired"

My old Xiaomi Sports is still working perfectly

But wireless buds are different, I guess battery tech is still not there to make longer lasting gadgets.