Wireless Earphones

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ice, Jan 6, 2016.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...here lies my problem: LV is at the apex of luxury brands. When you talk of luxury brands, you expect the best of the best since you are paying top dollar. Think Rolex, Mercedes Benz or ______. That wireless earbuds is, at best, a middling earbuds. I can think of at least 3 brands and models of in-ears that truly, truly represent the best of the best. Now, for LV to choose a middling model and slap an LV logo without any value-added in terms of SQ is just plain preposterous and to sell it for a thousand bucks is just plain bonkers or highway robbery.

Whoever put this together was plain lazy. But, hey, it is a free market. People can do whatever they want to do with their money.

I’d be more impressed had they chosen to re-shell it in silver or some exotic material shell. At least, it can pass for bling. It is a pig.....with lots of lipstick. Pretty but still a .......

It is like this:

FA1BE20E-CAC1-4D1E-B1B0-B4A72834A301.jpeg

LV nga.....:ROFLMAO:

#61 raypin, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    MharDelaCruz likes this.
  2. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

@donsiapno amigo! Given they're pretty much selling for the same price, if push comes to shove, which would you pick: the Senn Momentums or the MW07?

3. donsiapno

donsiapno Active Member

Like Hermes using Apple watch with no added feature except for a fancy strap with the logo? I feel you

raypin likes this.
  4. donsiapno

donsiapno Active Member

I havnt auditioned the new Senn True wireless, since they are always out of stock, but comparing mw07 to my Momentum free, the MW07 is better in all aspects except for battery life, I get more or less 3hrs on the MW07, 4rs for the Senns

5. raypin

Mm...yup. Same same. Now, if it was a gold or yellow gold or some luxury material or perhaps diamond encrusted, I’d understand the Hermes ed.

6. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Is the Optoma NuForce BE Sport4 any good?

It seems to check out my wishlist:
    1. Sport/Sweat resistant
    2. Largely positive reviews on sound quality
    3. APT X support
    4. 10-hour battery life
    4. It's a wired wireless.... hung around the neck, which I still prefer over "pod" style ones

My previous daily driver was the Jabra Sport Pulse, but after 3+ years, it's no longer holding a charge for more than an hour.

7. donsiapno

donsiapno Active Member

By the way I have several generic wireless iems, anyone knows where I can have their battery replaced. Theyre just gathering dust...

8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

9. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi folks. Planning to upgrade from an AirPod. Looking for the following specs/ features:
    • Battery life should be comparable to the AirPod
    • Snug fit. Wont drop while I’m doing light exercise.
    • Water resistant. Sweat proof.
    • No lag latency when I’m watching videos.
    • Should support Siri
    • I’m no audiophile but I prefer a punchier bass. Overall better sound quality. I usually listen to punk rock, classic rock, trash metal, grunge and a little bit of acoustic music.
    Will be auditioning the following today. :

Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless - 437
    Jabra Elite 65t Active - 260
    Sony Extra Bass - 257
    Bose Soundsport - 287

Stereo SIngapore and ConnectIT does not carry the MW07. Won’t be able to audition it. Besides it’s a little above my budget.

The Sennheiser is more SGD150 more expensive than the Sony, Bose and Jabra. Will check if it’s worth the moola.

Any suggestions will be much much appreciated. TIA.

10. neilc

neilc Active Member

Jabra Elite 65T for me. Used this for a while and I love using them. Ticks all your requirements except for water resistance I think, but its sweat proof.

Eventually sold it to give way to the Sony WH1000XM3

leninmac likes this.
  11. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ I would go for the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless. I've read the extensive reviews on each one. I haven't auditioned any one of these, much less an Airpod but if I were to go blindly pick one, this would be it.

Three things:
    [ 1 ] It seems to never drop a connection.
    [ 2 ] Best sound overall.
    [ 3 ] Looks good, both the buds and the case they come in.
    [ 4 ] USB-C charging.

As far as the rest are concerned, I'd rank them as follows:
    2. Bose Soundsport [ If only for the bass and familiar sound --- hoping they've finally put their audio lag woes behind them, if not mitigated this nagging issue with their recent firmware updates.
    3. Jabra Elite 65t Active [ They've been doing wireless since forever; I'm pretty sure as far as connections / pairings go, they've got the science down pat --- probably the closest thing to the AirPod's W1 chip. ]
    4. Sony Extra Bass [ I just don't like the way they look, like peanuts sticking out of my ears; and the reviews haven't been universally kind to them. With that, I can still get behind with the Bose Soundsport making me look like Frankenstein. ]

leninmac likes this.
  12. leninmac

I eventually went with Bose Soundsport Free. I auditioned all of them except the MW07.
    The Sennheiser overall had the best sound quality but it was out of stock. Also i just couldn’t justify the price tag. I can buy 2 Jabra Elites for the price of the Sen. I also noticed that right earphone had less battery life / percentage compared to the left. Not a fan of that fiber / cloth finished of the case either.
    The Sony Extra Bass was Okay. But the App kept on crashing.
    Tested the both the Active and the regular 65t. They’re practically Identical except that the Active has a slightly higher IP rating. Almost bought this considering it’s pricepoint (SGD428 for 2 Jabra Elites). It had the best design, best App. But I was underwhelmed with the sound quality, almost AirPod- like.

I decided to go with Bose because it had the punchiest bass and it’s reasonably priced at SGD250
    Sure it’s not perfect. Not the best design, it protrudes in your ear, Non stereo sound in calls, No equalizer on the App but the sound quality is a notch above the Jabra, The Sony, JBL free, the Jaybird Run and the RHA True Connect.

The folks at ConnectIT actually offered me a huge discount for the Senn. once it becomes available. From SGD445 to 415. We’ll see. Maybe in a few months time if the price drops to 300-350, I might end up buying it.

ronjet and pochiman like this.
  13. ice

14. ice

shaft likes this.
  15. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Pardon me if I ask, since most of the ones mentioned above are priced 9,000 and up. Any recommendations for wireless earbuds in the 4,000-6,000 range? So far I've seen the Jaybird and the Anker, but would you guys have any other suggestions? Just to give you an idea, I lose my earphones on an annual basis, so I don't really want to invest a lot in something that will last me a year or less:ROFLMAO:

16. raypin

#76 raypin, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    docjbr likes this.
  17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

@docjbr Jabra Elite 65ts are true wireless earbuds that are sweatproof and (slightly) waterproof. Pwedeng pawisan o maulanan. They’re not cheap but you don’t have to keep buying new buds everytime though. At least they don’t get lost because they fit snugly in your ears.

OTOH, Anker has some rather less expensive earbuds but like its cables and power banks they are great for what they are used for only for a certain period of time. My previous walking buds were Anker and they’re still around but the Elites now are what I wear and use even when lying down because they feel so unobtrusive and light.

shaft, Sunil_K and docjbr like this.
  18. ice

I'm presently using Anker's Soundcore Liberty Air for my daily commute.

Not bad... for it's price...

Although. my wife complains about the mic during calls

hitme64 and docjbr like this.
  19. leninmac

The Jabra 75T

Sunil_K, ronnel0918 and hitme64 like this.
  20. ice

just to add... my personal checklist before buying Anker's Soundcore Liberty Air...

bought my wife Jabra's Elite 65t due to sound quality. She love's Bose Soundsport but hate how it looks like
    bought my daughter AirPods - status symbol? - yes she's in HS

1. should be "in-ear" as I use it for my daily commute
    2. should have a stem sticking out, to inform the next person that I have them on
    3. (thanks to the stem) any color but white - so they won't look like fake AirPods

things I didn't get...
    1. USB-C port
    2. volume controls

things I think I'm starting to hate...
    Capacitive controls - I'm accidentally pressing the thing when wiping my sweat in the gym...