Wireless Earphones

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ice, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for the input. Will definitely consider more of Bose.

imart likes this.
  2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone here who has tried Sony's WF-SP700N?

Planning to get one for my wife. She travel's frequently so the noise cancelling feature will really help...

She also doesn't use Siri so I can't see any real benefit if I buy her Airpods.

3. ignite

ignite Active Member

How is the battery life? I'm scouting for a new pair. I previously got cheap ones and it wont even last me one day.

4. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Straight 3 hours then i have to place it back on its charging case.

5. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

any recommendations on a bluetooth headset with a mic and mute button? it will be mainly used for conference calls via. it's quite hassle to mute using the phone itself.

6. Ghibli

@imart

Hello, do you have any issues in using Bose soundsports free? I'm disappointed that it connects poorly with laptops, in such that only one ear piece can connect securely, hence audio comes from only on one ear bud. This is apparently a widespread problem in this particular model and Bose does not have a fix for this. Also in rare instances when I pause music for a very long time, the earphones would inactive itself but one reactivated, only one ear piece will be able to connect with my phone; to remedy this I have to place both earpieces into the charger and remove them both simultaneously for them to gain a secure connection to my phone, a minor inconvenience when using this workaround. Overall, the product works best when it works as intended but with its shortcomings, it's hard to justice the price tag. I hope when Bose releases an update of this model, the issues would then be resolved.

#46 Ghibli, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  7. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi Ghibli, so far, I'm quite satisfied with the device, which I primarily use for my fortnight runs while only tuned on spotify. I really seldom use them on my MBP because I personally find that i might appear weird for those passing by my seat at work while wearing those 2 big "ear plugs". :D

I haven't really experienced the "one-ear-bud" issue. Typically, this should only happen during phone calls. As I look back at my running routine, I seldom pause the music even when I reach halfway, where I tend to rest for around 10 minutes before resuming my next 5k. If a disconnect happens, I would simply press (press+hold) the left earbud and gets reconnected almost seamlessly. Btw, I don't bring the charging case while running just to solve the disconnection issue.

During a long pause, I suspect the device has its own power-saving mechanism, which could also be affecting the left earpiece. Let me know if a simple press (or pres+hold) on the left piece would resolve it.

8. Ghibli

Thanks for your feedback. This is the 4th issue I had with a Bose product, twice with the wireless Bose soundsports earphones and once with the QC30, the three prior were structural defects whereas this issue involves connectivity. I think Bose have not yet perfected the "pure" wireless technology per se as I found online that I am not the only one having the same connectivity issue. I would like to use the earphones not simply for sports but for other recreational uses as well but since it connects poorly with Laptops, it's a huge deal breaker for me. I guess I have to live with this limitation.

imart likes this.
  9. widowmaker

widowmaker Member

Hey guys. Would you know where I can get a Jabra Elite Active 65t here in Manila? And can you provide a price range please. Thank you.

10. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Basing on your personal observations amigos, which one would be the better choice: BOSE Soundsport Free or the Jabra Elite Active 65t?
    I'll mainly be using it at home for viewing Youtube videos over Safari on my MBP. I'd appreciate your comments. If you could suggest another contender for the same use case scenario, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

jayparalejas likes this.
  11. ericb

ericb Active Member

I only have the Soundsport Free (replaced my Jaybird Freedom with it), so far it did not disappoint (for me). Not sure how this would be helpful though haha.

12. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

Airpods for me. Comfort, weight, usability. Just so seamless. I don't have experience with the Soundsport free but I do have the Soundsport Wireless. Looks like it's the same shape minus the wires. In my experience, these were made unusable for me for lounging around after trying the Airpods. You feel the difference in terms of weight and bulk. For gym it's okay, with better bass and sound quality/isolation, since I'm sweating anyway. But for chilling around, it's not as comfy.

13. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for replying ericb! May I ask if you encountered any sort of audio lag whenever you watched videos on Youtube over Safari (assuming you're using a Mac)?
    I'm asking since multiple forums online have mentioned that the BOSE Soundsport Free seems to be suffering from this particular issue, though most report having encountered this when playing videos on the Youtube or Netflix app on their iOS devices but when playing videos on the Safari browser, they seem to work fine, meaning no audio lag at all.

14. ericb

ericb Active Member

I have not noticed any (if there is, baka sobrang minimal kaya di ko napapansin). HTH

raypin likes this.
  15. testdummy

testdummy Active Member

Jabra Elite Active 65t on sale at Amazon now. $120

https://www.amazon.com/d/Earbud-Headphones/Jabra-Enabled-Wireless-Earbuds-Charging/B077ZGRVRX/

16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

17. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

18. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...the Master & Dynamic MW07 is not discussed at Headfi.org, which means it is a nobody. A non-entity. Which means it is a consumer-grade wireless whatever with an LV branding. Ha ha ha....I guess it is for people who are deaf and stupid and just want the LV logo. Pang display lang.

19. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

ive tried so many Iems and earbuds. The Jabra Elite impresses. Its not perfect, but checks alot of boxes.

20. donsiapno

donsiapno Active Member

I actually have the MW07 minus the LV logo and its a hidden gem. I both have the Bose Sound sport free and Senn wireless momentum, the MW07 is much better than my other wireless earphones. It has little to no sibilance, bass is punchy and soundstage is a 9/10 considering this is a true wireless, I was able to audition the B&O e8 and I was not impressed, sounded like my Massdrop Nuforce iems. The MW07 has recently been compared to the New Senn true wireless earphones and its a toss up between the two.
    [​IMG]IMG_3474
    [​IMG]IMG_3475