Wireless (all-in-one) Printer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ice, Jul 21, 2017.

1. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Including this? https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Print...ssibly-after-Windows-Update-quot/td-p/7268161

2. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, including that one and a host of other troubleshooting steps from HP and other well-meaning individuals affected by the issue. The trouble was Windows 10 was treating a key HP file as something that should not be installed and replacing it with it's own version/driver. Even if you replace it with HP's driver in Safe Mode, once you restart in Standard mode, the file will be replaced again. A vicious circle, that one. LOL! No such crap with the new Canon I replaced it with. We still use the HP once in a while as a standalone copier. Might give it away or have it recycled when its ink runs out.

3. ratburn

ratburn Member

Any suggestions for a cheap all in one colored printer that uses cartridges? I need to print out worksheets for online classes. So many options online I’m getting confused. Thank you!

4. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

I'd suggest looking into what's the availability of the cartridges, since that's the route you want to take.
    Or I'd take a trek to the nearest places and see what's physically out there as well. Can't be too dependent on just one outlet.

5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Hi any recommended low price printer which supports airprint and at the same time continues printing?

will mostly used it for online home school and work from home...
    Mostly our device are apple products so thats why we preferred airprint support..

6. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Okay, I'm really, really tired of all the sh*t of HP, and it's Hold for Authentication problems, and the whole "There was an upgrade bug" etc. What's the best printer to get now?

7. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Go for Brother. I had it for like 3 years now and no prob and hassles so far.

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  8. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Brother printer here as well. Almost 1 year. Never had a problem. It has Airprint support also.

9. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Brother it is. Thanks!

10. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

^I used to be loyal to Brother (for years)... until I've tried Epson :)

I've never had problems with Brother, but the print quality with Epson is just better. - both brands are reliable. But for serviceablity, cost of supplies, parts - Epson has the edge.

I've unfriended HP 15 years ago... it seems that everything HP makes suck :)

Sunil_K likes this.
  11. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

The problem I had with an Epson printer before was that it was so picky that even if I put in an original Epson ink cartridge, it will reject it. I'll have to reload it again for it to register. Another quirk is that if one of the color cartridges runs out, it will not print anything even if all the others are full, even if you're printing black and white and you run out of yellow ink. Big hassle. Replaced it with an HP first (had a problem after a Windows update: backread posts for details). Now I'm using a Canon. No complaints with the Canon...

12. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

My Epson ET-2720 i picked up early this year has been fantastic! AirPrint is excellent as well.

Best feature is the individual ink tanks.

13. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Member

We’re still using an old HP 3775. If Windows 10 updates weren’t trouble enough, wait til you change ISP / Routers / wireless internet!

Then again, for iPhones and iPads, it works seamlessly. It has small cartridges so don’t expect much from it. But for occasional printouts of forms, kids’ homework, scan, its Php3,500 cost is definitely worth it.

14. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

This might be true for REALLY OLD Epson models.... However, most Epson printers these days no longer use "cartridges." - Most of them (if not all) now uses Continuous Ink System - wherein you just need to pour in inks to fill the built-in tanks... On my Printer, there was a time I ran out of Yellow Ink - it still printed but of course the result wasn't great, but it did the job. :)

Yeah, Canon is also great... but it's more expensive to maintain. Reason why most printing businesses use mostly Epson printers.

Also, Epson and Canon are the most Mac friendly brands.

fcdiesta likes this.
  15. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

My wife is a printer technician are she recommends Epson for their overall durability and serviceability. Canon comes in next for fast and quality prints. Brother probably third and HP the last and worst of all brands.

cybersniper and docjbr like this.