Wireless (all-in-one) Printer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ice, Jul 21, 2017.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Starting a new thread since the old one is already archived

Please recommend a reliable and inexpensive wireless all-in-one laser printer.

Must be wireless since we will need to print from iOS/Android devices
    Laser since it will be used occasionally (ink jet printers dry up and gets clogged)

2. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Will bump this up, yet to buy a printer, too, but looking just for a deskjet. Same needs though, needs to have wifi capabilities.

3. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

We started using HP wireless deskjet printer 4 years ago then bought again a new one 2 years ago. 2 units, defective in less than 2 years. Either paper not feeding properly, or experiencing blue screen at the LCD display :(

4. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

We're happy with Brother wireless laser printers. Any of us can print from any device - desktop, Macbook, iPhone, iPad - from anywhere in the house. We got our new one at a discount by trading in our old one. Only downside is that its toner cartridge doesn't seem to last as long as our old HPs.

5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

What do you mean by "doesn't seem to last as long?" I remember Brother brochures saying they can do 700 pages... Or does the cartridge dry up?

One more thing... With Brother printers... Do you also replace the printer head everytime you replace the cartridge?

6. mojako

mojako Member

I just recently bought an HP printer/scanner Model is deskjet 3635. An ink cartridge costs 430 only. My macbook and iphone connects to it flawlessly. I use it to print the reviewers of my son. So far so good... Price is 4,399php. 3 mos to pay pa sa malls. Not bad na.

Sabi ng mga sales people, if you're not into heavy printing and if you print occasionally, not 2-3 times a week, get a printer without continuous ink. If heavy printer ka, get the one with continuous ink. HTH

7. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

"doesn't last as long" - my impression vs. our previous HP laser printers. I don't find the volume specs for toners that reliable.

Printer head = no, you don't need to replace it with the cartridge

8. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

If you're going to use it at a home office, I'd recommend Brother InkBenefit. I got the MFC-J200 for around 8k at 0% 6 months term. 2400 and 1300 pages for black and colored respectively. Has AirPrint and Google cloud printing.

Making the most use of it these couple of months with Fax and Scanning (Copying) as some added benefits.

Its a hybrid cartridge where you don't attach the ink tank on the printer head itself. I forgot but I think the black cartridge is around 800-1k. Not bad for 2400 page yield (A4).

pepspeps likes this.
  9. red_manila

red_manila Member

Seconding recommendations for Brother Wireless printers. I have a laser wireless (DCP-L2540DW) which I got over a year ago and it's been performing reliably on both Windows and Mac machines. Setup is a breeze and their mobile app makes it painless to print PDFs and other documents from mobile devices.

10. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

Also looking for an all-in-one printer with wireless support and continuous ink system to replace my Canon MP-497 (5 years old and still doing fine, it's just that the ink cartridge is expensive).

The one I previously saw from Canon costs around 10k. Will consider Brother also based on the suggestions here.

11. macfrancis

macfrancis Member

I am using a hp dj ink advantage 3775 (Print / Scan / Copy / Web).

You can print files,photos using your smartphone.

Easy to use.

12. supermow

supermow Member

Im using epson L455 with wireless and continues ink. You can also print photos directly thru sd card

13. rozbubbles

rozbubbles New Member

We got a Canon wireless printer about 3 months ago (backup printer since our main one was in repairs). It cost 3k and honestly a real headache to setup. But when it done, it worked like a charm!

Best of all, only 3k! (y)

14. hyperjigs

hyperjigs Member

With the same reasons as the TS, I got a Brother Monochrome Laser Printer DCP-L2540DW which is apple certified for Airprint. It's been turned on from the day I bought it as it has deep sleep function. Never had issues of paper jams or connectivity problems. Duplex printing saves me paper and the scanner does a good job - used it to scan old photos. What I like is that it works with the Mac right out the box without installing software. I used the OCR feature recently to covert a form into a word document - saved a lot of time in re-typing it :)

I can Airprint using my apple devices flawlessly; works on my windows machine as well. You can print from a remote connection using google print but I have not tried that yet :D

#14 hyperjigs, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    neldeles likes this.
  15. pael

pael Well-Known Member

bummed out that i ordered the wrong Epson wireless printer (Epson L405). It is wireless, and I paid roughly an additional 2k for that Wifi function, but no AirPrint or even Google Cloud Print support. Should've gotten a non-wireless model since my Linksys router can share via USB. Ohwell. Any first hand experience in HandyPrint?

16. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

I just got an Epson L360 from the recent Lazada sale. It is the one with an official built-in ink tank. I initially wanted a wireless printer, but when I saw the price drop from 7500 (regular price in computer stores) down to 5400 (with discount code), I couldn't ignore it.

I am very happy with it, especially with the ink tank. I now have no worries of suddenly running out of ink.

17. maym

maym Member

Is HP reliable? I’m currently interest in buying the HP 415 wireless printer.

18. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Been using the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4675 Printer since January. Has print, scan, copy and fax capabilities and supports AirPrint/Google Cloud Print.

19. maym

maym Member

Thanks! Will look for that model. The nearby mall only has the hp 415 model.

20. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I have the MFC-J985DW XL All-in-One Inkjet Printer from Brother.

Arrived:
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Shipped to:
    Sir iAco

Bought it from Amazon.com
    Total Before Tax: $244.99
    Estimated Tax: $21.74
    Order Total: $266.73

Find your answers to your questions here: support.brother.com