Why would you get a MobileMe Account?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by rdy0329, Jul 18, 2008.

?

Why do you have/want to get it?

1. Push, push and push

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. iDisk is HUGE!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Webpage and Photo Gallery

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. I don't think it's worth the price tag

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. It's worth the price, but I don't have money :(

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. All features are great!

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Hello! I'm really torn between getting a mobileMe or not.

To all .Mac and MobileMe users, why did you subscribe?? Is it worth the one year for 5k? Please persuade me to buy :D

to all who are thinking of also buying, what is the feature you like the most that you will do anything to buy it?

TIA.

#1 rdy0329, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. acnugteel

acnugteel Member

Its like personal life and office life now together.

3. ricpac

ricpac Active Member

I thought there was a thread about .Mac already and then just add some on top of it so it'd turn out to be MobileMe?

4. IronMan

IronMan Member

I actually just tried it. I haven't used much of the features, just iWeb, iDisk and the synchronization of contacts, calendars, bookmarks, preferences alone make me feel it's all worth it.

Also, i just got it around P2,450 in eBay ;) You have to be patient though. :D

5. mac_daddy

mac_daddy Member

I had a .Mac (MobileMe now) for about 4 months since I got my MBP. To be honest, its a bit too steep me thinks. Considering that there are so many services out there that are free. The only good thing is that its all consolidated into one account and is well integrated with OSX. But also owning 2 PCs and 2 other laptops running MS, the benefit wasn't always there for me.

Here's a one to one comparison with similar products...

mail vs. gmail - gmail coz its free and plays well with Outlook and Mail
    contacts - i don't really sync my contacts (maybe i'll start when I get an iPhone, maybe)
    calendar vs. google calendar - currently syncing my outlook calendar between work and home with google
    gallery vs. flicker - having to switch between PCs and the MBP, i find that the purely web-based flicker a little easier to use (maybe i'm just so used to it)
    idisk - its not an apples to apples comparison but I own a hosted server at the same price of my .mac, which does this for me and a whole lot more, but i guess this is where most of the price is going to for .mac account.
    Back to my mac vs. logmein - logmein by far, it also allows me to manage more than a mac and can access any of them from any OS platform/browser.

http://www.macuser.com/apple/mobileme_needs_a_change_in_man.php?lsrc=murss

Having said all this, revive this thread after a year and maybe i'll have a complete different response. Sorry for further confusing you... but hey, if you got money to spend, nothing lose, go for it and let us know what you think.

#5 mac_daddy, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  6. edw1n

edw1n Member

I have a .mac account and using only for mail.

7. kaloyster

kaloyster Member

i'll use it only for my contacts syncing, and my mail.app.