Why a podcast movie not able to transfer to ipod touch?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Macmon, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

I subscribed to this medical podcast in the Itunes university list and it downloads mov file to my Itunes library. When I tried to include it in my ipod touch sync it tells me that the podcast is NOT COMPATIBLE to the ipod touch?

Anyone experienced this (not compatible notice) and has a solution to transfer it.

TAKE NOTE: the video is Human Anatomy Dissection and might be too graphic for you.
    thanks

2. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@macmon: There's a chance that the encoding or bitrate is incompatible with being played on an iPod. I'm assuming the movie file was meant to be shown on either computers or on LCD projectors.

Try downloading iSquint and run the file through that with the "compatible with ipod" preferences on. After that, it should be able to be played on your iPod Touch.

3. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

thanks, I will try out regarding passing the file thru isquint.
    Nice suggestion. :) Did not think of that.

4. yasaki

yasaki Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.