White MB comes with an NVidia Card?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by mathman, Mar 4, 2009.

1. mathman

mathman Member

hi guys. my colleague just bought a white macbook yesterday. it's the one with a 2.0ghz c2d processor, 2gb ram and 120 gb hd. what surprised me is that it came with an nvidia video card. i was surprised because i thought you can only max out the ram of you mb since you can't install video cards on it. i have also a white mb with 2.4ghz c2d & 2gb ram. is it possible for me to install a video card also on my mb? what do i need to do? thanks guys in advance for your replies.

2. icetraxx626

icetraxx626 Active Member

No you can't install video cards on your macbook. The video card on the macbook is integrated in the logic board.

3. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Its the new model.

4. mathman

mathman Member

so my only option is to max out my ram to 4gb huh? that's sad...

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, RAM and HDD is the only thing upgradeable on any Macs AFAIK...

6. elbert

elbert Active Member

In the world of technology, you have to learn to be content with what you have. In all probability, the specs of your MacBook now is more than what you require. If it's not, then a simple RAM upgrade may just be the key to lasting contentment.

I've learned to not be bothered by Apple's frequent hardware upgrades. I used to be so into the 'latest model' (iBook 600MHz to 700Mhz to 800MHz within the same year), but not anymore. I stuck with my 12" PowerBook 867Mhz for over 2 years and then a 12" PB 1.5Ghz for another 2 years after than.