White Macbook Charger

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by iloveseries, Sep 26, 2009.

1. iloveseries

iloveseries New Member

Hi everyone! Hope all of you are safe and sound.

I have a quick question about my macbook charger -- it won't charge anymore. When I plug it in the wall outlet/extension, it won't light up.

I was using the Macbook without the charger around 11.30 this morning, then because of the heavy rains (I think), a transformer outside our house got busted (we heard a loud sound) and for a second or two, electricity inside our house went out.

Then we noticed that some of the power outlets were no longer functioning. My Macbook charger was plugged in to the wall outlet when power was out for a second. Could this have affected the charger? What can I do about the charger to check if it's really defective already? Is there anything I can do to make it function again?

TIA for your help!

2. enuhski

enuhski Active Member

i think yung outlets yung may problem, not necessarily your charger. can you test it on another computer? or try a different location where you can plug in that wasn't affected by the power-related problems we've had today?

3. iloveseries

iloveseries New Member

I tried it na with the other outlets, unfortunately, wala pa rin. :(

4. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

If the transformer went out, there might have been a power surge. If so, your charger may have been fried. Take it to an ASP :)

5. d1scjock

d1scjock Member

Verify that the outlet is live. Plug in a lamp and turn it on to check. Your breaker might have just tripped.