Which iPhone 2018 are you getting?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by warmgreentea, Aug 5, 2018.

?

Which 2018 iPhone are you getting?

1. iPhone 6.1inch LCD ($600 - $700)

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. iPhone 5.8inch OLED ($800-$900)

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. iPhone 6.5inch OLED ($1000+)

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  4. I'm skipping on getting a new iPhone this year.

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. s-mac-k

s-mac-k Member

curious as to how TRAIN law would affect prices when the new iPhones come

2. Leeger

Leeger Active Member

It would not as the TRAIN law has no direct impact to imported electronic devices. Foreign exchange might have a bigger impact on the new iPhones.

s-mac-k likes this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/14/the-iphone-se-was-the-best-phone-apple-ever-made-and-now-its-dead/

The author and I share the same thing: a passionate reflection of things past and an affection for what is to our minds the best iPhone, the SE...

Why no SE S? Or better yet SE XMax?

Strangely, this love for bigger screens is killing my pockets, physically and figuratively. For us who love our EDC, a small, compact, lightweight but powerful smartphone would have been tops on our list. Never mind Nokia, or BlackBerry, or even Samsung. The big deal would’ve been an XR in the body of an SE, and the world would’ve been righted then and there.

So, if you ask me what iPhone I’m getting, it’s NONE.

I still have my SE. And the X. Two different worlds. One reletable purpose. In this time of TRAIN, rice crisis, inflation, Ompong, and those dogs running the country, having the smartest iPhone around doesn’t have to be the most expensive to date.

Ghibli, ronjet, Sunil_K and 1 other person like this.
  4. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

Looks like the price predictions were wrong. Wish I could edit the choices. I'm torn between the XS and XR. The Red XR just screams personality. :LOL:

ronjet likes this.
  5. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Casually went inside a Telus store in the mall a while ago asking when do they'll have preorders for the iPhone Xs Max and to my surprise, they actually have it right now.

Ended up preordering a space gray for me and a gold one for the Mrs - both XS Max and both 64gb.

Main reason we went the smallest capacity is that right now, my 7 Plus has a usage of 48gb and her rose gold 7 Plus is at 26gb. I don't think we'll ever find the 64gb lacking. We should have it in our mail next Friday morning!

What a way to celebrate 5 years of getting married and 15 years of dating :)

6. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Can’t decide. I have my SE and X.
    May be I’ll pass.