which bank has the most usable mobile & web banking app?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by cHad, Nov 30, 2020.

1. cHad

cHad Active Member

i've been using the BDO online website and it has been very slow for the past decade (?). Hardly any updates on the web interface and it still does 2FA over SMS. I'm looking for a stable bank that provides some modern functionalities where in I don't have to go to the branch for majority of the transactions.

2. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Unionbank! Free pa rin ang transfer nila to other banks real time. Bihira mag down. Can be linked to Gcash.

Bulanching likes this.
  3. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

Agree with Unionbank.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...bdo for its lockable feature for atm and online transactions. Slow and offline troubles notwithstanding. UI design horrible notwithstanding. BPI is very good.

But, for online payments, I just fund my Gcash account via online and pay for all my bills via Gcash. Much more secure that way.

For deposits, it is still BDO since they are on all SM Malls and their mall branches are open 7 days a week and have the longest banking hours (up to 7pm). Plus, together with BPI, many of their branches have cash deposit real-time ATM machines.

For purely online, I suggest keeping at least 2 banking apps for redundancy so if one bank is offline, you can use the other. BPI and BDO have my vote.

5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Been using UnionBank for over 10 years now. minimal scheduled downtime over the years.

BDO for receiving funds from clients, pretty unreliable when you most need it.

SecurityBank - Online and App is fine, but their customer service is top notch.

ING - now has InstaPay and its really a good digital bank, Depositing personal checks with ING and UnionBank.

6. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Been using BPI and BDO for ages and quite happy with them. Even while in India i can access, transfer funds and pay bills.

sabsar and raypin like this.
  7. manager

manager Active Member

Unionbank by a mile.

I also have BPI and BDO but UB is my go to.

8. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i heard many good feedbacks for unionbank

been using BDO, BPI, Metrobank and recently Bank of Commerce all of them is good except for BDO (can’t access specially during peak hours)

9. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Another vote for Unionbank. Aside from no transaction fees for bank transfers & reloading e-wallets (GCash, Autosweep RFID), you can also pre-book your appointment for over the counter transactions to save time and effort inputing the details of your transaction.

BPI is my next banking app but there are times when it takes a long time to log in and do transactions because of the delay in receiving the OTP.

10. Bulanching

Bulanching Member

Umm in the future free pa rin po ba? Worried lang that they may charge service/transfer fees na din in the future? What do you think?

For me personally, I just use BPI and BDO. BDO napaka secure sa transfers and logging in. BPI easy to use.
    I have UnionBank dati but na-close na account and hindi ko na nagamit ulit. Mukhang maganda mobile app ng UnionBank. Try ko mag open ulit sa kanila.

11. yammie

yammie Active Member

I use BPI and Security bank apps for paying bills. For online purchase, i use GCash if it’s available.

12. armel

armel Active Member

UnionBank lang ako.

13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Agree that BDO has antiquated (but secure) system that does not scale up that well. So I usually course all my spending using Citibank and then only use BDO (off peak) when paying Citibank and BDO-only merchants/billers.

Might change next year but Citibank's 0 fees PayAll is making it easier to settle with non-CC transactions (+ Miles earning pa).

14. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

List of banks who have waived transactions fees until year end. [​IMG]

Nope. List only covers until the end of the year for waived transfer fees and if there's a significant increase of active users and transactions, then it's highly possible that Unionbank and other banks would start charging for bank transfers soon.

A year ago when interbank transfer was not popular ING refunded the transaction fees from other banks to ING accounts to encourage clients to transfer their money and save in ING.

15. cHad

cHad Active Member

2FA over SMS isn't as secure as other methods like those authenticator apps on your phone but it is better than nothing. In the US; someone could (with some skill and luck) impersonate his way to the customer rep and transfer all calls/sms from the victim's number to a number he has access to.

@all thank you guys I will look into Union Bank and might open an account with them.

I agree that having a BDO account is very useful as the bank is ubiquitous throughout the Philippine archipelago.

16. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm....meron na cases dito. Someone impersonated the victim and requested a replacement postpaid sim and used it to hack the victim’s banking account.