where to download ms office for mac for free?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by travmagnet, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travmagnet

travmagnet New Member

where to download ms office for mac for free?

2. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Legally, you can't. Otherwise, Bill Gates won't be rich.
    Illegally, that's another story.

3. travmagnet

travmagnet New Member

Thanks! Bill Gates is already rich. :D So how to download it illegally?

4. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Welcome to PhilMUG!

Unfortunately, public discussion about pirated software/other digital content--and where to source them--is not condoned in this forum.

5. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

If you are referring to just getting a copy of the installer package, you can easily get that from the Office website as long as you're logged in to your account. If for example you don't have an account, you can ask a friend who does and download it for you.

I know what you're thinking dear reader so hold on... I'm not teaching any piracy tricks... please read on...

Once you do get a hold of that installer package, you can go ahead and install it on your Mac HOWEVER you won't be able to activate and use Word/Excel/Powerpoint until you have a paid/licensed copy of Office linked to an Office.com account you'll use. Makes sense?

So in other words, yes there is a way to download it for free (installer package) but can't use it until you actually pay for it

But at 350 bucks a month via the Office 365 subscription, you already get an equivalent of 5 copies of MS office (can be installed on 5 devices) plus you get the benefit of always having the latest updates and versions as soon as they come out

#5 mongkee, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    mauwrr and potpot2 like this.
  6. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

I was going to allow this conversation to go on before you asked this question.

Reminder though since you're new to PhilMUG. Please read the PhilMUG Forum Rules and be guided. To make things a bit easier for you, here's one of the rules which is applicable to this thread:

And with that, I'm closing this thread now.

7. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

MS Office 2016 is FREE… for anyone to try for 30 days.

If you have a new Mac or MacBook, you already have a bundled productivity software — Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Create your docs using these, or open existing MS Office docs with these, and re-export them in the Office formats if you need to share with co-workers. I'm guessing you're young because you're still thinking of illegally obtained software (we've all been there, folks), but you were able to afford a Mac. I guess you can spring for a paid subscription to Office 365.

red and mongkee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.