Where and how much to sell my MacBook Pro 15" Early 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jyqft, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Jyqft

Jyqft New Member

I wanna sell my MBP 15" early 2011. I've actually been meaning to sell this for a year now, but I don't know where to sell them and how much for. Should I sell it in one piece, or should I dismantle it and sell the parts?

Below are additional information regarding the laptop.

Partial Specs (the rest are standardized anyway):
    • 500 GB HDD
    • 4GB RAM
    Notes:
    • Laptop battery needs to be serviced already. Cycle count is at 854.
    • Trackpad clicks don't work consistently. Taps do, though.
    • This laptop model is among those that suffer from a GPU problem; more info available here. Although, I got it serviced by BeyondTheBox once Apple released the repair extension program. I had it serviced last June 19, 2015.
    • This laptop has quite a number of physical defects like inward and outward dents, scratches, and etc. These are detailed below.
    Physical defects:
    • Near MagSafe port and nearby firewall port: large, inward dent caused by fall
    • Near upper left of left speaker: outward dent, unknown cause (maybe internal heat?)
    • Near lower left of laptop, where wrists rest: outward dent, unknown cause
    • Left wrist rest area: puncture wound, unknown cause (maybe internal heat?)
    • Near CD drive: small nicks
    • Bottom of laptop: various inward dents and scratches (around 6-8 total)

2. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

You can try posting your item in olx or tipidpc. I sold a similar model for 45k but that was 2013 and was very well taken cared of. The exterior can pass as brand new and the battery's cycle count was less than 250.

Check the battery if it is not bloated since you mentioned that the trackpad doesn't click consistently. Its usually one of the symptoms of an already bloated battery and it is pressing the trackpad upwards.

The known defect of the model, battery issues and damage marks on the case will definitely lower the selling price. I suggest posting the actual pictures so potential buyers can make preliminary assessments. When I try to sell an item and not really sure how to price it, I post it first at a certain amount that I feel is fair. If nobody gets interested, I try lowering the price until I find someone who will find it worth his money.