What's your iTunes radio stream station?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by numbdensity, Oct 5, 2007.

1. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

So I am totally, noob with itunes-to its radio stream stations in particular and I have researched the forum archive if a thread similar to this exists but, there's none. I am currently listening to idobi radio, I do hope muggers would suggest their fave stream radio, if theres any :) might as well check those out. Thanks! By the way idobi radio falls under alternative music tab, so there.

2. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

Has anyone tried and listened to some stations in iTunes?

3. tech.junkie

tech.junkie Member

i like the stations under rock. i always sort it according to highest bit rate & browse stations from highest to lowest. i also choose the ones w/o ads as i hate FM radio ads like on most local stations here in the phil. w/c have more ads than music. [​IMG]

i also prefer a station w/c has less buffering times.

the ones i like are: rock nation radio, radiophile & radiomaxx.

4. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

Thanks tech junkie... ill take note of that :) The rebuffering is manageable, the idobi radio buffers most of the time. There are so many stations! thanks for sharing the ones you prefer!

5. macdiver

macdiver PhilMUG Addict Member

In the Ambient genre, I listen to any of the following station stations at night- Drone Zone on SomaFM, Groove Salad on SomaFM and radioAmbient. They really help a lot in putting me to sleep. And during daytime, I switch to the faster beats from Chill Out Lounge (1.FM TM), SmoothNounge.com and Ambient popsicle (from Groovera).

And then I listen to Buzz Radio or Radio.Wazee if I need my alternative music fix.

And finally, as an "alternative to the alternative music", I connect to either TheBlast.FM or SolidRick Radio... both play Christian Rock/Alternative.

6. super_ed

super_ed Active Member

6821 Ayala Avenue, cor Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
    When 103.5 Klite reformated few years back (I think it was also the time when Mylinda left the Breakfast Show, and Klite began airing PCSO radio ads every 5 minutes.) I turned to iTunes Radio and found Virgin Radio UK playing Queen and David Gray - ever since, I got hooked to the station, I listen to Virgin Radio UK, The Christian O'Connel Breakfast Show and even signed up the VIP mailing list.

What I do like about this station are:

1. Superb music selection
    2. Real-time radio stream
    3. Fantastic playlist logs - you can review the last played song missed
    4. Yahoo Status - via iTunes

7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

groove salad on 24/7 and chillout lounge :D

8. em_jis

em_jis Member

positive and encouraging Klove radio...

9. tech.junkie

tech.junkie Member

in addition to my rock station favorites above, below are the jazz stations i like bec. of very few buffering times & no ads:

SmoothJazz.com
    SmoothLounge.com

PS im really happy w/ itunes radio. somehow, i cant make the yahoo music launchcast work. & most local stations have more ads than music. my favorite, w/c is NU107, has bad signal pa from where we live.

#9 tech.junkie, Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  10. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

Nice inputs sir techjunkie, and to all those who shared their fave stations! :) I am happy too with itunes radio compared to yahoo music. Great stations indeed! its now a ritual to turn my radio on with itunes every morning. No advertisements-just pure music.

Ill post my best finds too...

11. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

dainbramage! eclectic mix :)

12. tech.junkie

tech.junkie Member

im now listening to "classical guitar on sky.fm" under classical. its only 96kbps but quality is still good & no rebuffering. i love itunes radio! [​IMG]

13. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

Loving it too tech junkie! so many stations.... but so little time.... I discovered a new one too, the radiophile station under the alternative tab selection.... Good music too! most indie, some on the mainstream side....

@wilf
    will try to listen to that music too. Thanks for sharing!

14. madreinman

madreinman Member

Roots Reggae and Mostly Classical on Sky FM

15. raw_knee

raw_knee Member

Any station that plays R&B music. I don't really have one fixed station where I go to listen for radio streams in iTunes.

16. fleadip

fleadip Member

anyone know where to go for some nu soul?

17. Lakan

Lakan Member

Love the Eclectic - particularly Max Broadway variety.